Fall 2L courses: do judges care what I take?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bruinfan10

Re: Fall 2L courses: do judges care what I take?

Postby bruinfan10 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:28 am

rpupkin wrote:
Germaine wrote:If the prof spends a lot of time on section 1983/constitutional torts stuff, that'll come in handy.

So true.

Germaine

Re: Fall 2L courses: do judges care what I take?

Postby Germaine » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:20 pm

rpupkin wrote:
Germaine wrote:On off chance any of you good souls see this, here is my follow up Q.

Assuming profs are all equal, is there any way to rank the following courses in terms of what a judge might want to see Fall 2L: Crim Pro, Admin Law, Con Law II, Fed Jur, Evidence? Can take any 2 or possibly 3 depending on the scheduling specifics.

All those classes are fine. If you're looking for a district court clerkship, Evidence would probably be the most useful. Con Law II would probably be the least useful, though it depends on the course content. If the prof spends a lot of time on section 1983/constitutional torts stuff, that'll come in handy.

Thanks. I don't think he does, but my summer job involves working with a fair number of 1983 claims so hopefully that will help at least a bit.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”