Writing a Seminar Paper Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
TFALAWL

Bronze

Writing a Seminar Paper

Post by TFALAWL » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:52 am

25 page paper, need it to pass my writing requirement. Here's the deal: exams don't scare me (anymore), b/c the worst case scenario is that I get a B (which I don't care, given that I have a job). Papers on the other hand, have always scared the shit out of me --- I HAVE PAPER PHOBIA I read the Volokh book which seems helpful, but right now, I'm struggling to even find a topic.

Background:

The course is on Intl. IP, though I've only taken Trademark Law, which basically pigeon-holes me to either a TM subject, or The Right of Publicity, which is what I'm leaning towards. However, the wrinkle is that it has to be either "comparative law" or "international law" oriented.
Problems:
1. Like I said, I don't now shit about IP -- even though I understand TM, there's still some interplay with copyright
2. Just about every subject that is cool has either (i.) been preempted or (ii.) is too complex for me to write about.

Goal: Get this done -- I want this done by April 1st so that I can move on with my life.

Question:

1. How can I find a topic (The PROF is super-nice and helpful, but her specialty is Patent)
2. Once I find the topic, how do I go about my research?

Thanks!

Avian

Bronze

Re: Writing a Seminar Paper

Post by Avian » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:39 pm

You can start by reading legal blogs and news websites to get ideas about what are hot topics right now in the field. Something in particular to look out for are articles about current legal conflicts as these are the least likely to be preempted. I would collect a number of ideas that sound interesting to you and then take them to your professor to get feedback. You could also try to talk to other professors at your school who specialize in the area but you should at least have some idea of the issue(s) you are thinking about.

Jaymore

New

Post by Jaymore » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:10 pm

TFALAWL wrote:25 page paper, need it to pass my writing requirement. Here's the deal: exams don't scare me (anymore), b/c the worst case scenario is that I get a B (which I don't care, given that I have a job). Papers on the other hand, have always scared the shit out of me --- I HAVE PAPER PHOBIA I read the Volokh book which seems helpful, but right now, I'm struggling to even find a topic.

Background:

The course is on Intl. IP, though I've only taken Trademark Law, which basically pigeon-holes me to either a TM subject, or The Right of Publicity, which is what I'm leaning towards. However, the wrinkle is that it has to be either "comparative law" or "international law" oriented.
Problems:
1. Like I said, I don't now shit about IP -- even though I understand TM, there's still some interplay with copyright
2. Just about every subject that is cool has either (i.) been preempted or (ii.) is too complex for me to write about.

Goal: Get this done -- I want this done by April 1st so that I can move on with my life.

Question:

1. How can I find a topic (The PROF is super-nice and helpful, but her specialty is Patent)
2. Once I find the topic, how do I go about my research?

Thanks!
Ask your professors for advice. The professor you took TM with.

Of course, do some basic research first.

Elina

New

Post by Elina » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:09 am

I also had a problem choosing the topic. But instead of spending days searching for words, try to find a problem that really exists. For example copyrights favorite artist, actor's reputation or TM favorite juice in the store. Look how they are violated or protected from competitors. Blogs and Wikipedia will help you. Almost everything has already been written and researched, you just need to be interested in it.
Therefore, select the object of copyright, highlight the legal features, look at the experience of the laws in other countries, find keywords and a problem that must be investigated. This is the answer to first question.
With research there is a little harder and longer time. Not quite right, but effectively, you can search for help from others. Tips on this site helped me a lot of https://essaycool.com/ You already have a job, you must make money, instead of writing paper. ))
Use all opportunities in life, and the result will come to you necessarily.

I hope my tips will help you. Best regards, Elina

JohnBritas

New

Post by JohnBritas » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:20 am

Don't worry about your seminar paper. uk dissertation writing service mod edit: SPAM will help you in any of your research paper. It is the best guide for the students in all kinds of academic works.Order foe your seminar paper you will get the best seminar.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:26 am

Oh my god, the above post reminded me of the vindaloop south park episode. It is just wrong on so, so, so many levels. wow. does the prince of nigeria write your briefs?

To the OP-i was the same, but I find that if you just really narrow your topic, you WILL have enough to write about. Talk to your professor and explain your problem, most of the time they are not out to get you and will offer some advice. At least in my experience, seminar papers are not like law review articles, they can be more free form, and you can use a wider variety of cited sources.

Jchance

Silver

Post by Jchance » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:44 am

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:08 pm

(1) Blogs.
(2) recent scotus cases
(3) a circuit split
(4) panel or en banc opinions with separate writings