It gets worse

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

It gets worse

Postby 20160810 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:40 am

At mid-size generally lifestyle friendly firm at work at 11:39 pm.

Lawl students you dudes have it easy. Go enjoy yourselves. Skip class and get drunk. Seriously, nothing is expected of you right now it's amazing.

User avatar
Lacepiece23
Posts: 835
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: It gets worse

Postby Lacepiece23 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:42 pm

SBL wrote:At mid-size generally lifestyle friendly firm at work at 11:39 pm.

Lawl students you dudes have it easy. Go enjoy yourselves. Skip class and get drunk. Seriously, nothing is expected of you right now it's amazing.


Exactly what I'm doing right now. Haven't gone to class in like 3 weeks. And have drank like 6 times a week. Do not want to graduate and have your life.

Patent2014
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Re: It gets worse

Postby Patent2014 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:58 pm

After averaging 80-90 hrs/week for 5 yrs straight with 3 weeks of total vacation time making $24k/yr during my PhD, that doesn't sound too bad to me :)

irish921
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: It gets worse

Postby irish921 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:45 pm

Lacepiece23 wrote:
SBL wrote:At mid-size generally lifestyle friendly firm at work at 11:39 pm.

Lawl students you dudes have it easy. Go enjoy yourselves. Skip class and get drunk. Seriously, nothing is expected of you right now it's amazing.


Exactly what I'm doing right now. Haven't gone to class in like 3 weeks. And have drank like 6 times a week. Do not want to graduate and have your life.


Preach

User avatar
SweetTort
Posts: 2444
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: It gets worse

Postby SweetTort » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:53 pm

If you could do it over, but still went to law school, what would you do differently?

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9647
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: It gets worse

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:55 pm

we're all fucked

User avatar
Young Marino
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: It gets worse

Postby Young Marino » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:48 am

Yea it's really the last chance you get at student life. And no other kind of life is better than student life

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: It gets worse

Postby romothesavior » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:52 am

Obligatory "That's not bad. I worked (number of hours more than you) per week when I was working as a (profession) before law school and managed okay. Being a lawyer actually sounds like less work." post.

mvp99
Posts: 1384
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Re: It gets worse

Postby mvp99 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:57 am

That's not bad. I worked 100 hours per week when I was working as a associate in IB before law school and managed okay. Being a lawyer actually sounds like less work.

hiima3L
Posts: 837
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:26 pm

Re: It gets worse

Postby hiima3L » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:46 pm

I was just telling a 3L how idyllic that year was for me in retrospect. I got a job lined up early into 3L and then coasted for the remainder of the year. I didn't even buy books 2nd semester.

User avatar
Desert Fox
Progressively loosing literacy
Posts: 14423
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Re: It gets worse

Postby Desert Fox » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Patent2014 wrote:After averaging 80-90 hrs/week for 5 yrs straight with 3 weeks of total vacation time making $24k/yr during my PhD, that doesn't sound too bad to me :)


I don't believe this at all, unless that includes all the time you are dicking around campus too. PhD's I palled around with spend more than 83 hours (a week minus 85 work hours) drunk with me or sleeping.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3522
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: It gets worse

Postby Hand » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Patent2014 wrote:After averaging 80-90 hrs/week for 5 yrs straight with 3 weeks of total vacation time making $24k/yr during my PhD, that doesn't sound too bad to me :)


I don't believe this at all, unless that includes all the time you are dicking around campus too. PhD's I palled around with spend more than 83 hours (a week minus 85 work hours) drunk with me or sleeping.


only time I ever put in >40 hrs (or even >30 for that matter, let's be honest) was in the last few months before the dissertation needed to be submitted




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], MSNbot Media and 3 guests