Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
funbagsxxx
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:54 am

Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby funbagsxxx » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:15 am

Any other Cooley students here want to chat? I start this summer.

User avatar
JerryLundegard
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby JerryLundegard » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:30 am

You gotta pay the troll toll. If you want to get in that boysole you gotta pay the troll toll to get in!

User avatar
SweetTort
Posts: 2451
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby SweetTort » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:51 am

JerryLundegard wrote:You gotta pay the troll toll. If you want to get in that boysole boy's hole you gotta pay the troll toll to get in!

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22892
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:03 am

People, if you think a post is a troll, ignore it or report it. Don't derail the on-topic forums.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4149
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby TheSpanishMain » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:11 pm

If you're trolling, Cooley jokes are kind of passe. If you're real, don't do it.

User avatar
ballcaps
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby ballcaps » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:19 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:If you're trolling, Cooley jokes are kind of passe. If you're real, don't do it.

funbagsxxx
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:54 am

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby funbagsxxx » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:58 pm

I'm already admitted, I'm just waiting for classes to start.

Is there really NO ONE form the LARGEST LAW SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY here????

User avatar
rpupkin
Posts: 3864
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby rpupkin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:09 pm

funbagsxxx wrote:I'm already admitted, I'm just waiting for classes to start.

Is there really NO ONE form the LARGEST LAW SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY here????

This is just so edgy and cool. Funbagsxxx is the master of satire.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby 03152016 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:21 pm

even if this is obvious and highly unsuccessful trolling, at some point someone will google "accepted to cooley law" and stumble into this thread
so for that reason alone, here are some links, so there can be at least one post explaining why cooley is a dumpster fire

http://www.lstscorereports.com/schools/cooley/
http://www.cooley.edu/finaid/cost.html
http://abovethelaw.com/schools/thomas-m ... aw-school/
http://www.top-law-schools.com/wiki/Tho ... Law_School (this is, imo, an overly generous account of cooley, i included it for balance)

http://tippingthescales.com/2014/08/coo ... w-layoffs/
http://abovethelaw.com/2014/08/large-sc ... aw-school/

http://abovethelaw.com/2014/04/atl-marc ... -champion/
http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/31/gulag ... w-schools/

User avatar
FSK
Posts: 6387
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby FSK » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Brut wrote:even if this is obvious and highly unsuccessful trolling, at some point someone will google "accepted to cooley law" and stumble into this thread
so for that reason alone, here are some links, so there can be at least one post explaining why cooley is a dumpster fire

http://www.lstscorereports.com/schools/cooley/
http://www.cooley.edu/finaid/cost.html
http://abovethelaw.com/schools/thomas-m ... aw-school/
http://www.top-law-schools.com/wiki/Tho ... Law_School (this is, imo, an overly generous account of cooley, i included it for balance)

http://tippingthescales.com/2014/08/coo ... w-layoffs/
http://abovethelaw.com/2014/08/large-sc ... aw-school/

http://abovethelaw.com/2014/04/atl-marc ... -champion/
http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/31/gulag ... w-schools/


Dumpster fires go out. Cooley lingers for ever and ever, it seems.

funbagsxxx
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:54 am

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby funbagsxxx » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:48 pm

Why do so many care and get so personally upset about what other people do with their lives? :|

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15419
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby sublime » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:52 pm

..

BigZuck
Posts: 10884
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby BigZuck » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:58 pm

sublime wrote:
funbagsxxx wrote:Why do so many care and get so personally upset about what other people do with their lives? :|


Law schools like Cooley are predatory and fraudulent. And this is many people here's profession, so there is an interest in making it better and Cooley makes it worse.

There's also the loans you probably will not pay back in full.

I'd say these two reasons+just a general sense of compassion/not wanting people to ruin their lives

funbagsxxx
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:54 am

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby funbagsxxx » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:23 pm

sublime wrote:
funbagsxxx wrote:Why do so many care and get so personally upset about what other people do with their lives? :|


Law schools like Cooley are predatory and fraudulent. And this is many people here's profession, so there is an interest in making it better and Cooley makes it worse.

There's also the loans you probably will not pay back in full.


How does it hurt anyone if I don't pay them back in full?

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15419
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby sublime » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:32 pm

..

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby romothesavior » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:36 pm

BigZuck wrote:
sublime wrote:
funbagsxxx wrote:Why do so many care and get so personally upset about what other people do with their lives? :|


Law schools like Cooley are predatory and fraudulent. And this is many people here's profession, so there is an interest in making it better and Cooley makes it worse.

There's also the loans you probably will not pay back in full.

I'd say these two reasons+just a general sense of compassion/not wanting people to ruin their lives

Yep.

Also I view it as sort of an obligation to pass it on. If not for TLS I would have probably been fucked like all the fools who go to Cooley.

BigZuck
Posts: 10884
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby BigZuck » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:52 pm

romothesavior wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
sublime wrote:
funbagsxxx wrote:Why do so many care and get so personally upset about what other people do with their lives? :|


Law schools like Cooley are predatory and fraudulent. And this is many people here's profession, so there is an interest in making it better and Cooley makes it worse.

There's also the loans you probably will not pay back in full.

I'd say these two reasons+just a general sense of compassion/not wanting people to ruin their lives

Yep.

Also I view it as sort of an obligation to pass it on. If not for TLS I would have probably been fucked like all the fools who go to Cooley.


I definitely would have gone into a lot of debt at a trap school, no doubt about it

Username123
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:26 am

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby Username123 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:29 pm

Yep. General advice when I would tell family members and attorneys I knew that I wanted to go to law school was, "Just go to Nova!"

I would've gone had I not done my research and found TLS. I'd be a 3L in a world of shit right now.

funbagsxxx
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:54 am

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby funbagsxxx » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:07 am

I think you guys just listen to too many rumors. Once you are licensed and working for yourself no one cares where you went to school.

User avatar
ballcaps
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby ballcaps » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:12 am

funbagsxxx wrote:Once you are licensed and working for yourself


lolwut

User avatar
Strangely Appealing
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby Strangely Appealing » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:30 am

funbagsxxx wrote:I think you guys just listen to too many rumors. Once you are licensed and working for yourself no one cares where you went to school.


Rumors? No. Try stats: http://www.lstscorereports.com/schools/cooley/

Scroll down on that opening page and look at the bar graph - Cooley's admissions are falling. Why? The GPAs of admitted students are falling, too - those who performed better as undergrads are getting their law degrees elsewhere. Why?

Go back to the tabs at the top of the page and check out "Costs." Look at that blue line soar. Though Cooley's employment score is an unbelievably crappy 22.9% (compared with, say, UM's 82% or UVA's 95.6%) it's charging more and more and more every year. How does it justify that?

Go back to the tabs again and click "Job Trends." Look at the bar charts. Each Cooley graduating class has fared worse than the class before it. Why?

And by the way, Cooley grads don't have much luck passing that durn bar exam - and again, that's no rumor: http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20 ... est-cooley

Those who do pass and promptly hang out a shingle don't have much luck attracting clients who can pay because, face it, clients who can pay want to pay lawyers who have solid backgrounds and experience.

Funny thing: You're going to have to repay the loans even if you never practice law, even if you never pass the bar. Cooley gets its money no matter what, and you repay your loans no matter what. There's no escape. The loans can't be discharged through bankruptcy. The IRS will squeeze everything it can out of you for the rest of your life until you've paid it all back, with an impressive mound of compounding interest on top of it all.

That's why Cooley's so nice to you, so encouraging. It has nothing to do with your prospects as a lawyer and everything to do with your use as a disposable money pump.

The best thing about getting accepted at Cooley is turning them down. You still have time to rethink and make a smarter plan for your future.

Best of luck to you.

NotMyRealName09
Posts: 1396
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:24 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Call_Saul

The dream is alive. Why is it people here have to take a fat shit on it? In my long (5 year) and highly prestigious career, I've settled with a dirt bag borderline (if not crossed it) incompetent piece of shit plaintiffs attorney that god damn it would cost my client more to prove how full of shit he was than pay him what is - to my client - nuisance fee. The world needs ditch diggers and Cooley lawyers I suppose - but I've read in Japan they revere even the old-man janitor because he does something that there is a need for - and he's a fucking person putting food on his table for his family.

Am I the only one who sees the incongruence when people say "don't go to law school, unless you go to an elite institution" but who then also say "the legal profession is dying because of the proliferation of cheap labor"? Who is on the dying end of that spectrum?

NotMyRealName09
Posts: 1396
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:55 pm

SweetTort wrote:
JerryLundegard wrote:You gotta pay the troll toll. If you want to get in that boysole boy's hole you gotta pay the troll toll to get in!


It's "boy's soul".

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby romothesavior » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:18 am

NotMyRealName09 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Call_Saul

The dream is alive. Why is it people here have to take a fat shit on it? In my long (5 year) and highly prestigious career, I've settled with a dirt bag borderline (if not crossed it) incompetent piece of shit plaintiffs attorney that god damn it would cost my client more to prove how full of shit he was than pay him what is - to my client - nuisance fee. The world needs ditch diggers and Cooley lawyers I suppose - but I've read in Japan they revere even the old-man janitor because he does something that there is a need for - and he's a fucking person putting food on his table for his family.

Am I the only one who sees the incongruence when people say "don't go to law school, unless you go to an elite institution" but who then also say "the legal profession is dying because of the proliferation of cheap labor"? Who is on the dying end of that spectrum?


Whatever point you are trying to make doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 3929
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Just got accepted into Cooley. Any others here?

Postby pancakes3 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:52 am

romothesavior wrote:
NotMyRealName09 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Call_Saul

The dream is alive. Why is it people here have to take a fat shit on it? In my long (5 year) and highly prestigious career, I've settled with a dirt bag borderline (if not crossed it) incompetent piece of shit plaintiffs attorney that god damn it would cost my client more to prove how full of shit he was than pay him what is - to my client - nuisance fee. The world needs ditch diggers and Cooley lawyers I suppose - but I've read in Japan they revere even the old-man janitor because he does something that there is a need for - and he's a fucking person putting food on his table for his family.

Am I the only one who sees the incongruence when people say "don't go to law school, unless you go to an elite institution" but who then also say "the legal profession is dying because of the proliferation of cheap labor"? Who is on the dying end of that spectrum?


Whatever point you are trying to make doesn't make a whole lot of sense.


I gathered it as something about good needing evil and that without shitstains solo's filing slip and fall cases against Wal Mart, Wal Mart would need less "real" attorneys on retainer.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests