HYS work ethic

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Re: HYS work ethic

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:13 am

rpupkin wrote:
CicerBRo wrote:I go to HLS and I work WAYYYYY less than my peers. But I always have done way less work than a lot of my friends. It really comes down to what you need to do to get the results you want. -_-

And by way less, I mean, I don't really do any work until 4 weeks before finals.

I was similar both before and during law school. I think people like CicerBRo (and me) have the hardest time transitioning to practice. You basically have no choice but to work all day, every day, at least M-F for years on end. It's hard if you never developed a work ethic.

This is definitely TCR T-T

Re: HYS work ethic

Postby jingosaur » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:28 pm

The first 10 weeks of the semester takes about 30 hours/week if you want want to chill and about 40 hours/week if you want to get a pretty solid understanding of everything. The last 4 weeks suck but you still have time to go out here and there and talk with your friends.

Same as above for non-Biglaw people. People who just want to do Biglaw are pretty checked out at this point.

Everyone is pretty checked out.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”