Study Schedule for those Living At Home

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
LawDreamer15

Study Schedule for those Living At Home

Postby LawDreamer15 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:01 pm

This Fall I will start my first year of Law School. However, I have decided to live at my parents house with my wife in order to save money. I have been given a scholarship that will cover close to the 72% of my three year tuition plus a book scholarship. Given my parents place is not that big, it will be crowded and hard to even think about studying at home. So, my question is, has anybody attempted to study in school only? Can you provide some advice if you were married and attended law school and also, if you lived at home but decided to not study at home? How did you make time to networking?

Thank you.

BVest

Re: Study Schedule for those Living At Home

Postby BVest » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:24 pm

LawDreamer15 wrote:This Fall I will start my first year of Law School. However, I have decided to live at my parents house with my wife in order to save money. I have been given a scholarship that will cover close to the 72% of my three year tuition plus a book scholarship. Given my parents place is not that big, it will be crowded and hard to even think about studying at home. So, my question is, has anybody attempted to study in school only? Can you provide some advice if you were married and attended law school and also, if you lived at home but decided to not study at home? How did you make time to networking?

Thank you.

It's not that hard to study just at school. I rarely stayed past 6:30. Obviously when a LRW assignment was due or as finals approached I would stay later or go in on weekends.

Avian

Re: Study Schedule for those Living At Home

Postby Avian » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:53 am

LawDreamer15 wrote:This Fall I will start my first year of Law School. However, I have decided to live at my parents house with my wife in order to save money. I have been given a scholarship that will cover close to the 72% of my three year tuition plus a book scholarship. Given my parents place is not that big, it will be crowded and hard to even think about studying at home. So, my question is, has anybody attempted to study in school only? Can you provide some advice if you were married and attended law school and also, if you lived at home but decided to not study at home? How did you make time to networking?

Thank you.

I do not study at school, but I know a lot of people who do. One of the more common strategies is to treat law school like a 9-5 job. The idea is you plan to be on campus all day and read or study while you're not in class. This should give you more than enough time to do all of your reading so for most of the semester you can relax at home because you've already finished your work for the day. Obviously when papers are due and coming up to exams you will probably need to adjust accordingly.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”