How do you feel about law school?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

How do you feel about law school?

I love it!!!
48
20%
I like it.
58
25%
It's okay.
76
32%
I don't like it.
20
9%
I hate it.
15
6%
Everyday for me is a living hell.
18
8%
 
Total votes: 235

User avatar
banjo
Posts: 1345
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby banjo » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:08 am

I love law school. I like seeing how legal rules fit together and serve certain policy goals. Even reading cases can be fun if there's a good story.

That said, I think law school costs WAY too much and I don't really know if I'll enjoy being a lawyer. Also, 1L year can be awful.

User avatar
Kratos
Posts: 6790
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby Kratos » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:21 am

MarkinKansasCity wrote:work>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>School

this

fuck law school, shit sucks.

Arad
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby Arad » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:14 am

Brut wrote:
Arad wrote:
TheNextAmendment wrote:^ waitlisted at YLS


LOL

Brut wrote:god law school blows


You seem like the most cynical, miserable bloke in the world. I would hate to be you.

oh you're still mad about this thread, you fucking retard?
http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 9&t=241074


Not the slightest... You genuinely come off as miserable.

The fact that you would assume that someone actually cares enough about what's posted on some online forum to be bitter about it is a probably a projection of your inherent "saltiness." Hereafter you will be referred to as Morton.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby 03152016 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:48 am

Arad wrote:
Brut wrote:
Arad wrote:
TheNextAmendment wrote:^ waitlisted at YLS


LOL

Brut wrote:god law school blows


You seem like the most cynical, miserable bloke in the world. I would hate to be you.

oh you're still mad about this thread, you fucking retard?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=241074


Not the slightest... You genuinely come off as miserable.

The fact that you would assume that someone actually cares enough about what's posted on some online forum to be bitter about it is a probably a projection of your inherent "saltiness." Hereafter you will be referred to as Morton.

yes, you're very convincing and witty
it's arguments like this one that will make you really stand out at gulc, you ED superstar

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby romothesavior » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:56 am

Law school was pretty enjoyable for me. There's a lot of silly hoops to jump thru but it's far less work than people make it out to be. And I met some genuinely fun and enjoyable people.

jayessbee
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby jayessbee » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Law school's okay. The material is interesting, but I could do without the competitive atmosphere and the dicks.

On that...
Brut wrote:Stuff
What the hell. Seriously? You have nothing better to do than act like a cunt? Fucking hell, it's shit like that which makes people hate 1L's.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby 03152016 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:55 pm

jayessbee wrote:Law school's okay. The material is interesting, but I could do without the competitive atmosphere and the dicks.

On that...
Brut wrote:Stuff
What the hell. Seriously? You have nothing better to do than act like a ***? Fucking hell, it's shit like that which makes people hate 1L's.

because i started it, right?
you're definitely not an idiot either

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby 03152016 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:56 pm

sorry i was being offensive you delicate flower you

TheNextAmendment
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby TheNextAmendment » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:14 pm

^ Also waitlisted at YLS.

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby elterrible78 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:24 pm

BigZuck wrote:Pretty much every non-Cardozo writer is basically the worst ever.


FTFY.

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2353
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby Slytherpuff » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:31 pm

I alternate between loving law school and actively hating my life. I think I'll go back to loving it once I have a job lined up though.

BigZuck
Posts: 10884
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby BigZuck » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:27 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Pretty much every non-Cardozo writer is basically the worst ever.


FTFY.


We get it bro, you interned with a VERY PRESTIGIOUS judge

Cardozo can be flowery and LOL palsgraf but I'd much rather read something written by him than the incomprehensible garbage 99% of judges churn out.

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby elterrible78 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:03 pm

BigZuck wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Pretty much every non-Cardozo writer is basically the worst ever.


FTFY.


We get it bro, you interned with a VERY PRESTIGIOUS judge

Cardozo can be flowery and LOL palsgraf but I'd much rather read something written by him than the incomprehensible garbage 99% of judges churn out.


Cardozo is pretty polarizing. Either people love him or hate him. I can't stand to read his shit, other people think it's "so poetic and beautiful!" Not sure how your "prestigious judge" comment relates, but whatever.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby Kimikho » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:09 pm

I like law school.

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby koalacity » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:16 pm

Pretty surprised by these poll results.

collegebum1989
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby collegebum1989 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:19 pm

if you can separate the bullshit from the really valuable experiences, law school is actually fun.

Problem is - when you're with hundreds of other people who fall for the bullshit, you won't realize the valuable ones.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby 03152016 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:22 pm

koalacity wrote:Pretty surprised by these poll results.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby Kimikho » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:24 pm

I mean, it's stressful, but I feel like real life is pretty stressful too.

I think in terms of school this is the most fun I've had, but school is also all I've ever done.

notgreat
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby notgreat » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:30 pm

Carbozo was the worst. No one was as adept at taking a one sentence rule and drawing it out over 5 pages of unnecessarily flowery and pointless prose. Seriously, fuck that guy.

The first law year of law school was mostly pointless bullshit and hazing. It sucked.

2L and 3L are awesome. Classes you are interested in, a light schedule (I only have class three days a week) and lots of time to party. It's like a two year staycation on a budget, with some occasional work from home.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby shifty_eyed » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:13 am

I love Cardozo.

User avatar
Young Marino
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby Young Marino » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:18 am

romothesavior wrote:Law school was pretty enjoyable for me. There's a lot of silly hoops to jump thru but it's far less work than people make it out to be. And I met some genuinely fun and enjoyable people.

Kind of having the same experience. For the most part, everyone in my classes are cool and it's really not as much work as you would think it is unless you actually do all the time consuming bs the professors want you to do (case breif-lol)

User avatar
Ron Don Volante
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby Ron Don Volante » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:56 am

Young Marino wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Law school was pretty enjoyable for me. There's a lot of silly hoops to jump thru but it's far less work than people make it out to be. And I met some genuinely fun and enjoyable people.

Kind of having the same experience. For the most part, everyone in my classes are cool and it's really not as much work as you would think it is unless you actually do all the time consuming bs the professors want you to do (case breif-lol)

Do they force you to "breif" at TTTTs?

The Dark Shepard
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby The Dark Shepard » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:39 pm

Law school has definitely not been as bad as I was expecting. Of course, there are literally no uber competitive people in my class (like some work harder than others and come off as gunner, but its clearly self-based, not "I'm better than the class" competitive).

The material ranges from blegh to really interesting. Spending a lot more time studying than I did in undergrad, but its comparable to a job, other than the hours are less set. In some ways that is more frustrating. But in other ways its nice, as I have time to take a break and recharge on a long day.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby BlueLotus » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Absolutely loathe my lawl school experience. Can't stand the cutthroat environment, forced curve, intellectual masturbation, and Boomerisms spouted by profs and Career Services. LOVE my internships, and can't wait to be a practicing attorney. Law school has been a horrible means to a (hopefully, if I get out of the Vale) wonderful and fulfilling end.

User avatar
Young Marino
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: How do you feel about law school?

Postby Young Marino » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:40 am

Ron Don Volante wrote:
Young Marino wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Law school was pretty enjoyable for me. There's a lot of silly hoops to jump thru but it's far less work than people make it out to be. And I met some genuinely fun and enjoyable people.

Kind of having the same experience. For the most part, everyone in my classes are cool and it's really not as much work as you would think it is unless you actually do all the time consuming bs the professors want you to do (case breif-lol)

Do they force you to "breif" at TTTTs?

More along the lines of "We reserve the right to collect breifs whenever we want" but as long as you have an idea of what's going on when you get called on, they don't really give a fuck




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests