any chance?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ninersfan1991

any chance?

Postby ninersfan1991 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:41 pm

Ended up just barely making top half at a T50, is there any chance of coming up or do ranking usually stay right around where they were fall semester? And does class rank matter as much after 1L?

Chevron Deference

Re: any chance?

Postby Chevron Deference » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:02 am

How is your analysis on exam answers?

Class rank is probably the most important thing for 1L year. You can definitely raise your class rank second semester.

KMart

Postby KMart » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:01 am

Chevron Deference wrote:You can definitely raise your class rank second semester.

Why would you think otherwise, OP?

ninersfan1991

Postby ninersfan1991 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:09 am

imKMart wrote:
Chevron Deference wrote:You can definitely raise your class rank second semester.

I figure I definitely will be stepping up my game, but then everyone else would too now that we all know where we went wrong. I was curious more as to rankings tend to stay relatively the same fall to spring or if people manage to do big leaps.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:28 am

ninersfan1991 wrote:
imKMart wrote:

I figure I definitely will be stepping up my game, but then everyone else would too now that we all know where we went wrong. I was curious more as to rankings tend to stay relatively the same fall to spring or if people manage to do big leaps.

If my school is at all typical a fair amount of people will already be kind of burnt out when second semester starts and not really ready to make a leap

But also, if my experience is at all typical you will study much better/smarter second semester and your GPA will drop .1 because law school is dumb and grading is arbitrary :)

Anything is possible my friend, just do your best

Keep in mind though that your grades don't really matter from this point forward, given your school range and GPA it's probably impossible to jump up into a range where grade selective employers will look favorably upon your GPA. For you, from this point forward, it's all about the job search hustle.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”