Your Law School Accessories!!!

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
EmmyD
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby EmmyD » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:41 am

I haven't yet settled on a bag; I have a really large tote, which I'm thinking of using:
--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
limegreen
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby limegreen » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:18 pm

M20009 wrote:
limegreen wrote:I really don't like man bags. Or murses. Or whatever you want to call them. I definitely prefer for a guy to carry a book bag instead of a purse if at all possible.


I got a green one.


Well, in that case you know I like it.

potterzot
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby potterzot » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:12 pm

misterstroma wrote:I will get an EEE

--ImageRemoved--



TITRC. But they have an eee pc 901 and 1000h coming out soon that will include the intel atom chip. These 9" screen babies are perfect for taking notes and short writings, though I might want to use a computer lab I'm going to be writing for a long time.

And they are way cheap and super light. I'm putting my purchase off as long as possible though, cause there are others coming out that are also looking good, such as the MSI wind.

User avatar
Circe
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:32 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby Circe » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:48 pm

I usually use those big colorful Lululemon gym bags. I have the convienence of living on campus so I never really need all my books on me.

http://lululemon.com/

User avatar
EmmyD
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby EmmyD » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:14 pm

What about stuff from Jack Spade?

User avatar
Circe
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:32 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby Circe » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:16 am

Is he related to Kate Spade? lol I've never heard of him...

User avatar
Merrill
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:28 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby Merrill » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:37 am

I don't know about Jack Spade's relation to Kate, but his bags are awesome:

--ImageRemoved--



--ImageRemoved--

He also produced a bag for Apple:

--LinkRemoved--

mok749
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:30 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby mok749 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:20 pm

potterzot wrote:
misterstroma wrote:I will get an EEE

--ImageRemoved--



TITRC. But they have an eee pc 901 and 1000h coming out soon that will include the intel atom chip. These 9" screen babies are perfect for taking notes and short writings, though I might want to use a computer lab I'm going to be writing for a long time.

And they are way cheap and super light. I'm putting my purchase off as long as possible though, cause there are others coming out that are also looking good, such as the MSI wind.


Good to see I'm not the only one planning on getting a netbook. I'm going to wait it out and probably pick up an MSI Wind 10" or Dell E Slim 12". I don't get why everyone thinks they need a super fast notebook, it's really just for internet and docs anyhow. Small, light, and long battery life wins out any day.

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby angiej » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:49 pm

mok749 wrote:
potterzot wrote:
misterstroma wrote:I will get an EEE

--ImageRemoved--



TITRC. But they have an eee pc 901 and 1000h coming out soon that will include the intel atom chip. These 9" screen babies are perfect for taking notes and short writings, though I might want to use a computer lab I'm going to be writing for a long time.

And they are way cheap and super light. I'm putting my purchase off as long as possible though, cause there are others coming out that are also looking good, such as the MSI wind.


Good to see I'm not the only one planning on getting a netbook. I'm going to wait it out and probably pick up an MSI Wind 10" or Dell E Slim 12". I don't get why everyone thinks they need a super fast notebook, it's really just for internet and docs anyhow. Small, light, and long battery life wins out any day.


Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm thinking about buying a mini/netbook. Its the acer aspire one, it weighs only 2lbs! Do any of you who use a netbook/mini have any complaints?

User avatar
JuryDueT1000
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:01 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby JuryDueT1000 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:50 pm

This thread reminds me of high school...

User avatar
JuryDueT1000
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:01 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby JuryDueT1000 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:23 pm

amyLAchemist wrote:Not all large bags have to be casual. I have two I currently use to carry my computer and books - a really awesome red hermes one and a smaller tan furla one with purple flowers when I don't carry my laptop/am not wearing black. I figure I use similar things in law school/make full use of the lockers. I am not a backpack person except when I am doing sports.


Who exactly are you talking to Amy?

User avatar
JuryDueT1000
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:01 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby JuryDueT1000 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:36 pm

amyLAchemist wrote:
ChrisMike624 wrote:
amyLAchemist wrote:Not all large bags have to be casual. I have two I currently use to carry my computer and books - a really awesome red hermes one and a smaller tan furla one with purple flowers when I don't carry my laptop/am not wearing black. I figure I use similar things in law school/make full use of the lockers. I am not a backpack person except when I am doing sports.


Who exactly are you talking to Amy?


:?: Responding to the theme of the thread? Need I quote every person who said anything about larger bags being casual and referred to backpacks?


No, but if you look, almost all of these posts are from June. Nobody who has posted recently is talking about large bags or purple flowers, or whatever.

pdennis1000
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:27 am

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby pdennis1000 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:24 pm

I plan on having 4 little people carry me from class to class on a litter. Following behind will be a giant box of text books carried by 2 other little people.

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby angiej » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:34 am

pdennis1000 wrote:I plan on having 4 little people carry me from class to class on a litter. Following behind will be a giant box of text books carried by 2 other little people.


Def a future BigLaw lawyer in the making!

:lol:

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby gymboree » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:45 am

I love this thread. I laughed, I cried, I bought a backpack:

http://www.amazon.com/High-Sierra-Railp ... 085&sr=8-1

Went super big -- I'm not messing around.

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby democrattotheend » Mon May 17, 2010 1:54 pm

I know rolling bags are taboo in law school. Can I get away with using a bookbag with a waist belt? I tried one on and it looks a little dorky but I have a bad back and it's the only plausible alternative to a rolling bag I can see working for me. Will people be as judgmental about that as they are about rolling bags?

These are 2 examples of bags I am considering: http://www.altrec.com/gregory/womens-ma ... eAlsoWantA and --LinkRemoved--

Going to NYU, if that makes a difference.

eaters333
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby eaters333 » Mon May 17, 2010 2:14 pm

http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags/mes ... html?c=120

if your going to school in a city and your riding your bike to class.....This

oatmealraisin
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby oatmealraisin » Mon May 17, 2010 2:25 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
Going to NYU, if that makes a difference.


NYU and NYC will laugh at you.

aviddave
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby aviddave » Mon May 17, 2010 2:40 pm

Darn.

I'm recovering for surgery and think I'm going to be forced to get a rolling bag since I can't carry more than 10 lbs. Does this mean I'm automatically going to be in the dork club?!?

I think the re-binding idea might be good despite my inclination to never harm a book.

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby democrattotheend » Mon May 17, 2010 3:03 pm

oatmealraisin wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:
Going to NYU, if that makes a difference.


NYU and NYC will laugh at you.


For a backpack with a waist strap, or if I use a rolling bag?

User avatar
RUQRU
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby RUQRU » Mon May 17, 2010 7:24 pm

IvyJustice wrote: The best way to find out what everyone else does is visit a law school during classes. This way you can see what the conventions are.


Why are law students so conformist? Do what makes you comfortable. You don't have to look like a little kid carrying their lunch on your back!

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Tue May 18, 2010 12:19 am

EmmyD wrote:What about stuff from Jack Spade?

It's always nice to see Ms. D pop up.

By nice I mean run for your fucking lives.

JValdez
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby JValdez » Tue May 18, 2010 5:26 pm

democrattotheend wrote:I know rolling bags are taboo in law school. Can I get away with using a bookbag with a waist belt? I tried one on and it looks a little dorky but I have a bad back and it's the only plausible alternative to a rolling bag I can see working for me. Will people be as judgmental about that as they are about rolling bags?

These are 2 examples of bags I am considering: http://www.altrec.com/gregory/womens-ma ... eAlsoWantA and --LinkRemoved--

Going to NYU, if that makes a difference.


You have a bad back and you're worried about a bag "taboo?" Silly rabbit.
TITCR
RUQRU:
"Why are law students so conformist? Do what makes you comfortable. You don't have to look like a little kid carrying their lunch on your back!"

burvowski
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby burvowski » Fri May 21, 2010 1:17 pm

JuryDueT1000 wrote:This thread reminds me of high school...


Are you in law school yet? If not, you're going to be blown away by how similar LS is to high-school, especially in contrast to undergrad.

aviddave
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Your Law School Accessories!!!

Postby aviddave » Sun May 23, 2010 3:41 pm

burvowski wrote:Are you in law school yet? If not, you're going to be blown away by how similar LS is to high-school, especially in contrast to undergrad.


Lockers...
Clubs that all think they are the most important...
Locked-in curriculum...

Wow. Déjà vu.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media and 3 guests