The MOST gunner-thing I'll ever say

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
#NotACop

The MOST gunner-thing I'll ever say

Postby #NotACop » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:48 am

It took me until mid-way through November to truly understand that my contracts professor is horrible, and I would have to teach myself most of the material. It especially became apparent during the final when I had no idea what's going on. Lucky for me, it is a whole year course and the final next semester will essentially swallow whatever my grade may be for this semester. As of now, I go to an evening program (although I'm planning on switching to full-time) and my job sucks, is boring, and I have literally nothing to do between now and the start of next semester. Should I take time during this break to go over stuff and learn the first semester material since the final next semester will be cumulative? Or is that just not worth it? I'm only asking because the ONLY thing I got out of this semester is that consideration is comparable to peppercorns.

banjo

Re: The MOST gunner-thing I'll ever say

Postby banjo » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:07 pm

If you're struggling with the basics of contract formation, then yes, you should review that material while it's fresh in your mind.

stargazin

Postby stargazin » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:15 am

If the next semester is cumulative, then it would make sense to make sure you understand this past semester. I found CALI to be very helpful for contracts. Very clear review and quiz questions.

BVest

Postby BVest » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:39 pm

stargazin wrote:If the next semester is cumulative, then it would make sense to make sure you understand this past semester. I found CALI to be very helpful for contracts. Very clear review and quiz questions.

CALI is good or Sum & Substance (Whaley) audio lectures. And Hillman's concise hornbook is good for K.

Buck Strickland

Postby Buck Strickland » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:49 pm

BVest wrote:
stargazin wrote:If the next semester is cumulative, then it would make sense to make sure you understand this past semester. I found CALI to be very helpful for contracts. Very clear review and quiz questions.

CALI is good or Sum & Substance (Whaley) audio lectures. And Hillman's concise hornbook is good for K.

I also liked Sum and Substance. I found it helpful to listen and handwrite notes (pausing along the way as needed). It's like $50 to download the app... but I thought it was worth it.

#NotACop

Postby #NotACop » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:11 am

Sounds good, thanks guys!

tuhaybey

Postby tuhaybey » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:09 pm

I'd say yes. If your professor sucks, work the study aids.

I think it is especially important for contracts because contract law keeps coming up all the way through law school. More than other courses. And, in reality, the odds are good that as a lawyer, you'll be working with contracts a lot, so you actually ought to know the stuff for real reasons too, not just for law school.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”