Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
runinthefront
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 am

Re: Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

Postby runinthefront » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:01 pm

bjsesq wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
butlerraider1 wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:Wow. Grades already?

A lot of people taking the bait, unsurprisingly


exams didn't even finish at nova until the 15th

this was a bad troll attempt

User avatar
Young Marino
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

Postby Young Marino » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:08 pm

Don't go there. Biglaw would've been a nice option to have even though I probably wouldn't have gone with it.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4110
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

Postby TheSpanishMain » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:29 am

Wut

You did not get grades back three days later dummy

User avatar
iShotFirst
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:13 am

Re: Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

Postby iShotFirst » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:02 am

Nova? Sounds like you have ADA experience, apply to Miami SAO. No hiring freeze + plenty of Nova grads.

User avatar
ballcaps
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Re: Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

Postby ballcaps » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:33 am

painfully obvious trolling, but still funny.

thanks?

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4110
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

Postby TheSpanishMain » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Still eagerly awaiting an explanation of the fastest grade turnaround in history

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

Postby haus » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:26 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:Still eagerly awaiting an explanation of the fastest grade turnaround in history

I assume this grading method (http://www.concurringopinions.com/archi ... _grad.html) would allow for fairly rapid turnaround.

AReasonableMan
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

Postby AReasonableMan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:34 pm

If this does happen though the odds of gainful legal employment from schools like these is about 10 percent going in. If you medianed the first semester they are probably less than one percent.

User avatar
Nebby
Posts: 21848
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

Postby Nebby » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:38 pm

This turtle embodies YM's predicament.


User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22779
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:48 pm

AReasonableMan wrote:If this does happen though the odds of gainful legal employment from schools like these is about 10 percent going in. If you medianed the first semester they are probably less than one percent.

Dude, I'm not advocating for going to a TTT, but the above is slightly ridiculous. Unless by "gainful" legal employment you mean "biglaw," which is pretty dumb. You can argue that a school is a bad investment without engaging in hyperbole.

AReasonableMan
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

Postby AReasonableMan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:04 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
AReasonableMan wrote:If this does happen though the odds of gainful legal employment from schools like these is about 10 percent going in. If you medianed the first semester they are probably less than one percent.

Dude, I'm not advocating for going to a TTT, but the above is slightly ridiculous. Unless by "gainful" legal employment you mean "biglaw," which is pretty dumb. You can argue that a school is a bad investment without engaging in hyperbole.

I mean 60k or a clerkship when average debt is over 100k.

User avatar
DavidConeSplitter
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:53 am

Re: Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

Postby DavidConeSplitter » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:28 pm

Wait, Marino is real right?

hartfordhockaloogies
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:55 pm

Re: Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

Postby hartfordhockaloogies » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:15 pm

Please read "Ron Don Volante"''s post --- maybe the funniest post in TLS history

User avatar
DavidConeSplitter
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:53 am

Re: Just above median at a TTT. Life over?

Postby DavidConeSplitter » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:20 pm

DAMNIT DAN
If you're not a real person going to a real STRONG REGIONAL law school then I just don't know what's real anymore




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lakers3 and 13 guests