Now that finals are over, I feel lost... Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Sheriff

Bronze

Re: Now that finals are over, I feel lost...

Post by Sheriff » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:50 pm

I have to admit, I've started reading the E&Es for two of my spring classes. But it's more of an attempt to be a somewhat productive in-between downtime at my family's place where I don't have much else to do than it is intense studying/prep for next semester. I'm also doing plenty of drinking, sleeping, traveling, and the other things mentioned. I think there is some middle ground between gunning nerd and wandering alcoholic that can be comfortably maintained.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Sheriff wrote:I have to admit, I've started reading the E&Es for two of my spring classes. But it's more of an attempt to be a somewhat productive in-between downtime at my family's place where I don't have much else to do than it is intense studying/prep for next semester. I'm also doing plenty of drinking, sleeping, traveling, and the other things mentioned. I think there is some middle ground between gunning nerd and wandering alcoholic that can be comfortably maintained.
If you're reading E&Es now it seems like you've crossed that line though, no? It's not even Christmas yet, go watch It's a Wonderful Life or something

Sheriff

Bronze

Post by Sheriff » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:33 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Sheriff wrote:I have to admit, I've started reading the E&Es for two of my spring classes. But it's more of an attempt to be a somewhat productive in-between downtime at my family's place where I don't have much else to do than it is intense studying/prep for next semester. I'm also doing plenty of drinking, sleeping, traveling, and the other things mentioned. I think there is some middle ground between gunning nerd and wandering alcoholic that can be comfortably maintained.
If you're reading E&Es now it seems like you've crossed that line though, no? It's not even Christmas yet, go watch It's a Wonderful Life or something
Maybe I have. Being behind this past semester and cramming for finals was a bit traumatizing. I don't want to be in that position again this Spring.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:20 pm

Sheriff wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Maybe I have. Being behind this past semester and cramming for finals was a bit traumatizing. I don't want to be in that position again this Spring.
Yeah, I mean you've gotta do you. I'm a 2L and I would like to do things a bit differently and be more on top of things next semester. I think the point is just that you can do the stuff you're talking about in like March, it doesn't have to be before Christmas. But again do you, you only live once, etc

Chevron Deference

Bronze

Post by Chevron Deference » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:46 am

BigZuck wrote:
Sheriff wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Yeah, I mean you've gotta do you. I'm a 2L and I would like to do things a bit differently and be more on top of things next semester. I think the point is just that you can do the stuff you're talking about in like March, it doesn't have to be before Christmas. But again do you, you only live once, etc
He might as well start outlining.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Sheriff wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
You could probably just start popping out the hornbooks and E&E's at the beginning of the semester to make sure you "get" how each thing fits into the big picture. Most professors jump into lesson 1, and don't really go into how lecture 1 relates to lecture 20 and how they both relate to lecture 30. Most law students are very good at following directions, but not as good at self starting. If you kept up with the readings and still had to cram then the syllabus failed you. The readings, class, etc. are all optional in the sense that their only value to you is how well they prepare you to take the exam in May. Hope this helps.

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:51 pm

a shonda rimes netflix binge will give your life a new purpose

B.B. Homemaker

Gold

Post by B.B. Homemaker » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:55 pm

I just want this in my "view your posts."

FSK

Platinum

Post by FSK » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:18 pm

I'm playing video games and drinking with my friends. How can you possibly be lost on break?
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sesto elemento

Gold

Post by sesto elemento » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:56 pm

I know this thread is a flame, but my section gunner did post a pic of him reading a supplement for a spring semester class...a day after our last final.

First Offense

Platinum

Post by First Offense » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:43 am

Dual monitor set-up. Netflix on one, some good, chill game on the other. Life is gud.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:45 pm

Kimikho wrote:This is why people hate law students.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”