Spent too much time on K and way behind on CivPro

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
TheoO

Spent too much time on K and way behind on CivPro

Postby TheoO » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Basically, our K professor scared the shit out of us and I literally pulled a shit ton of energy into studying for contracts. Now that I'm finished, I'm looking at my CivPro outline as if I literally discovered it for the first time. Wondering what to do since I'd like to get at least one or two practice tests before the final. What's the best way to bring this shit to my head? It's Fri.
Last edited by TheoO on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardozoLaw09

Re: Spent too much time on K and way behind on CivPro

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:26 pm

It would probably help if you mention when your final is

TheoO

Postby TheoO » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:27 pm

Sorry. Edited. It's fri.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:07 pm

CEE ELL ESS student? Buy yourself some time, my friend

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/09/nyreg ... sions.html

Courtesy: this thread
Last edited by CardozoLaw09 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monsterman

Postby monsterman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:11 pm

For starters watch the Freer Barbri lectures; I'm almost done with them now and they provide a nice wrap up for the semester's material. It doesn't go as in depth as your classes did but it will help you get on the right track. You definitely have time to learn it by Friday.

cfox17

Postby cfox17 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:31 pm

Try finding some upper classman's outlines to help fill in some holes, see if you can find any of your professors old exams, if you discover reoccurring themes then you could focus on them more, even though that's risky. You still have time, just work your way through the material!

Thought this was hilarious: http://youtu.be/0XgObo75Y0Q

dibreezy

Postby dibreezy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:48 pm

monsterman wrote:For starters watch the Freer Barbri lectures; I'm almost done with them now and they provide a nice wrap up for the semester's material. It doesn't go as in depth as your classes did but it will help you get on the right track. You definitely have time to learn it by Friday.

Link? Having some trouble finding them.

monsterman

Postby monsterman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:59 pm

I signed up through school--i believe you can go directly to their site and sign up there and I don't think it's binding as a bar prep course

dibreezy

Postby dibreezy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:02 pm

monsterman wrote:I signed up through school--i believe you can go directly to their site and sign up there and I don't think it's binding as a bar prep course

So I have created an account. I tried to sign up for the bar prep course to gain access but it wants $250 as a non refundable deposit. Can't afford that. I talked to the rep and she sent an email to her boss. I really want to gain access tonight. Where are the free lectures?

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:52 pm

dibreezy wrote:
monsterman wrote:I signed up through school--i believe you can go directly to their site and sign up there and I don't think it's binding as a bar prep course

So I have created an account. I tried to sign up for the bar prep course to gain access but it wants $250 as a non refundable deposit. Can't afford that. I talked to the rep and she sent an email to her boss. I really want to gain access tonight. Where are the free lectures?

Cali lessons

banjo

Postby banjo » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:04 am

1) Read through your outline to get a big picture. How do the pieces relate?

2) Fill in details. Learn individual pieces like PJ, SMJ, claim and issue preclusion, etc.

3) Look at exams. Practice a question under time. Look over it. Go back and learn the material more deeply. Where were you fuzzy on the law? What did you miss? Then back to the exam.

Do your best. Even if your exam is terrible, you get a B. Not a big deal in the end.

TheoO

Postby TheoO » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:16 am

Goldberg's tests seem fairly predictable. I am talking one now untimed, then I will plan on assembling an attack outline with the stuff she seems to put in, and then doing one timed tomorrow and thursday. It would suck to just take a B here, since I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get a B in Kraus' (CLS K-prof) exam since that was a shit show. But, whatever, my fault for studying like an idiot.

MCFC

Postby MCFC » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:02 am

TheoO wrote:Goldberg's tests seem fairly predictable. I am talking one now untimed, then I will plan on assembling an attack outline with the stuff she seems to put in, and then doing one timed tomorrow and thursday. It would suck to just take a B here, since I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get a B in Kraus' (CLS K-prof) exam since that was a shit show. But, whatever, my fault for studying like an idiot.

Yes. Not an "easy" exam by any means, but I definitely felt like I had a fair idea of what was coming.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:54 am

MCFC wrote:
TheoO wrote:Goldberg's tests seem fairly predictable. I am talking one now untimed, then I will plan on assembling an attack outline with the stuff she seems to put in, and then doing one timed tomorrow and thursday. It would suck to just take a B here, since I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get a B in Kraus' (CLS K-prof) exam since that was a shit show. But, whatever, my fault for studying like an idiot.

Yes. Not an "easy" exam by any means, but I definitely felt like I had a fair idea of what was coming.

Agree

Look at prior exams; they are a fair representation of what you'll see. There will definitely be Jurisdiction and Erie/choice of law on the major issue spotter. They may be embedded: do not miss them. Then a question with FRCP-driven material, i.e., joinder, discovery, ect. Then one more policy based. Since most of the class will hit the issues, doing well will be more about analysis and analogy to the jumbled case law.

TheoO

Postby TheoO » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Yea, Erie and jurisdiction issues are fairly easy to spot. It seems like her exams ask you to pretty much assess the various 12(b) motions.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”