OVERHEARD AT FINALS Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
baaron008

New

Re: OVERHEARD AT FINALS

Post by baaron008 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:44 pm

I take small "walk outside for 1-2 minute" breaks during all my exams. I often have epiphanies during these breaks that allow me to answer a question in the first instance or more fully, or to spot an issue.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:17 pm

Kratos wrote:
cron1834 wrote:I definitely left for a few minutes during each of my in class spotters. Bathroom/water for one, grabbed some bagels during the other. My brain just will not work for 4 consecutive hours without a quick break somewhere.

I was def surprised to see a couple dudes finish 30 minutes early tho. I mean, a quick 5? Sure. But 1/8 of the allotted time? Wtf?
why do you care?
Where did I say that I cared? I said that I was surprised, and I'm on topic in this conversation.

Quit being a douche without provocation.

jrf12886

Bronze

Post by jrf12886 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:59 pm

Guess I have a small bladder but I end up using the restroom on every exam.

I usually finished a few minutes early, so I'd just stare at my answer and move commas around until time is called.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:12 pm

jrf12886 wrote:Guess I have a small bladder but I end up using the restroom on every exam.

I usually finished a few minutes early, so I'd just stare at my answer and move commas around until time is called.
Same here John Snow. I guess coffee and nerves will do that to you...

Kratos

Platinum

Post by Kratos » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:27 pm

cron1834 wrote:
Kratos wrote:
cron1834 wrote:I definitely left for a few minutes during each of my in class spotters. Bathroom/water for one, grabbed some bagels during the other. My brain just will not work for 4 consecutive hours without a quick break somewhere.

I was def surprised to see a couple dudes finish 30 minutes early tho. I mean, a quick 5? Sure. But 1/8 of the allotted time? Wtf?
why do you care?
Where did I say that I cared? I said that I was surprised, and I'm on topic in this conversation.

Lol my response was rather tame you fucking clown. "1/8 of the allotted time? Wtf?" Sure makes it sound like you care

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:58 pm

Kratos wrote:
cron1834 wrote:
Kratos wrote:

why do you care?

Lol my response was rather tame you fucking clown. "1/8 of the allotted time? Wtf?" Sure makes it sound like you care
Yeah, I typed a whole sentence or two. :shock: Good one!

I don't know if you're taking performance notes, but the "I'm a cynical Internet tough guy shitting on 0/1Ls" is done by a lot of people on TLS that come across a lot smarter and more helpful than you. Find a new shtick and quit crapping up this thread.

Kratos

Platinum

Post by Kratos » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Asking why you care that other people finished with 30 mins to spare constitutes me being an Internet tough guy?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Did you guys really call me in to deal with your horseshit? This is a terrible thread. It's not even possible for anyone to actually shit it up.

sims1

Bronze

Post by sims1 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:14 pm

cron1834 wrote:
jrf12886 wrote:Guess I have a small bladder but I end up using the restroom on every exam.

Same here John Snow. I guess coffee and nerves will do that to you...
I peed exactly twice each exam (4 hours) at hours 2 and 3 respectively. I ended up trying to sit near the door to minimize travel distance.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fats provolone

Platinum

Post by fats provolone » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:25 pm

bk1 wrote:Did you guys really call me in to deal with your horseshit? This is a terrible thread. It's not even possible for anyone to actually shit it up.
out the report

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:48 pm

HOLIDAY SPIRIT :lol:

foundingfather

Silver

Post by foundingfather » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:19 pm

bk1 wrote:Did you guys really call me in to deal with your horseshit? This is a terrible thread. It's not even possible for anyone to actually shit it up.
lol'd

mephistopheles

Gold

Post by mephistopheles » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:57 pm

STOP MARGINALIZING THE EXPERIENCES OF OTHERS, BK

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thisismyname

New

Post by thisismyname » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:20 am

foundingfather wrote:

one of my classmates left early for every single exam. the earliest was about one hour
First semester of 1L, some chick in my class got up and walked out of a 3 hour final about an hour into it. It threw me off the first time. But she did the exact same thing in every final we had together. I thought she either knew her stuff and walked out like a boss, or she failed every one of her finals. Well, I never saw her again after our last final that semester.

...I still don't understand why she even tried after that first final. At least give up after doing that 2 consecutive times... but no. She took all 4 of her finals that way...

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Nothing really crazy ever happened during my finals. Well, except the way one professor started the exam. During my first semester of 1L, the entire section was spread out in 3-4 rooms for the final. The Professor had us all set up our computers and come to one location. Once we were all packed in like cattle, he handed out the test, said good luck, and yelled begin! This was 1L and a notoriously time crunched test. It looked like running of the bulls trying to get back to the exam rooms.

The real weirdness happened during the bar exam. I took it in Florida this past July. We had someone pee themself, tables collapse with computers on them, and one girl that had a nervous breakdown start screaming/laughing/clapping/crying about working for the Red Cross and how it's sad to see all of the test takers segregated. This went on for a good 25-30 minutes. The Florida Bar was shit show. For more Florida Bar antics, see the thread in the Bar Exam section.

fats provolone

Platinum

Post by fats provolone » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:10 pm

i really need to become a law professor

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:12 pm

fats provolone wrote:i really need to become a law professor
"Suicide and the Law" - 1 credit - pass/fail

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:16 pm

alicrimson wrote:Nothing really crazy ever happened during my finals. Well, except the way one professor started the exam. During my first semester of 1L, the entire section was spread out in 3-4 rooms for the final. The Professor had us all set up our computers and come to one location. Once we were all packed in like cattle, he handed out the test, said good luck, and yelled begin! This was 1L and a notoriously time crunched test. It looked like running of the bulls trying to get back to the exam rooms.

The real weirdness happened during the bar exam. I took it in Florida this past July. We had someone pee themself, tables collapse with computers on them, and one girl that had a nervous breakdown start screaming/laughing/clapping/crying about working for the Red Cross and how it's sad to see all of the test takers segregated. This went on for a good 25-30 minutes. The Florida Bar was shit show. For more Florida Bar antics, see the thread in the Bar Exam section.
I don't think you could pay me enough to practice law in Florida, but I'm saying this now as a 1L.

ditch digger

Bronze

Post by ditch digger » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:40 pm

On the day of our evidence exam, I heard one of my classmates ask "when is a statement offered for the truth of the matter asserted"?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”