The Gunner in my 2L Class Just Gave the Prof an Ovation

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Skump

Re: The Gunner in my 2L Class Just Gave the Prof an Ovation

Postby Skump » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:08 am

flawschoolkid wrote:During the last class. He was the only one. whyyyyyy.

I wonder if all the clapping and such nonsense ever bothers law professors. Deep down, they must realize that much of what they do is bullshit, and that such displays of enthusiasm are really just Stockholm Syndrome + a desperate desire by dweebs to bask in reflected glory ('cause if your prof is brilliant, mustn't you be smart for caring ever so much about what he teaches?). Fawning is really mockery of a kind.

JohannDeMann

Postby JohannDeMann » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:20 am

i think most people clap because they are too lazy to personally thank a prof and want to thank the prof for teaching a class full of ungrateful assholes like you all

sublime

Postby sublime » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:26 am

B.B. Homemaker

Postby B.B. Homemaker » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:11 pm

sublime wrote:Yea, everybody here claps, even for the shitty teachers. It is kind of weird, as it didn't happen once in my UG.

I pretty regularly miss the last day, but it happens here, too. My favorite was when the professor abruptly ended class and walked out before the applause could really get going.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”