Flashcard "Outline" for Ks

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
sam91

Flashcard "Outline" for Ks

Postby sam91 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:07 pm

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with what I have currently done with contracts. For whatever reason, looking at an outline with all the Restatements and cases (my professor alluded to the more cases you can reference, the better) wasnt sinking in at all. Instead I have made flashcards for every single Restatement/Case he has keyed on in class; then subdivided them into bunches such as Consideration, Moral Obligation, Offer, Mutual Assent.

Anyone ever do this and have success? Failure?

chem!

Re: Flashcard "Outline" for Ks

Postby chem! » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:33 pm

I did something similar, but without the cases because my prof didn't care if we knew specific case names. I also wrote and rewrote the relevant Restatements until I had them down cold. It worked well for me, and I would imagine it would work equally well with the addition of the cases.

You've got to figure out what works for your learning style and go with it. I internalize and memorize best by writing and rewriting, so that's what I do.

sam91

Postby sam91 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:14 pm

chem! wrote:I did something similar, but without the cases because my prof didn't care if we knew specific case names. I also wrote and rewrote the relevant Restatements until I had them down cold. It worked well for me, and I would imagine it would work equally well with the addition of the cases.

You've got to figure out what works for your learning style and go with it. I internalize and memorize best by writing and rewriting, so that's what I do.

Thanks..yeah it seems to be working a lot better. Its unfortunate that its closed book and my prof is huge on cases.

chem!

Postby chem! » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:16 pm

sam91 wrote:
chem! wrote:I did something similar, but without the cases because my prof didn't care if we knew specific case names. I also wrote and rewrote the relevant Restatements until I had them down cold. It worked well for me, and I would imagine it would work equally well with the addition of the cases.

Thanks..yeah it seems to be working a lot better. Its unfortunate that its closed book and my prof is huge on cases.

Trust me when I say that you should treat every exam like it's closed book. My K's exam was my only closed book one, and it forced me to really know the material. You've got time to get it all down. Good luck!

sam91

Postby sam91 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:47 pm

chem! wrote:
sam91 wrote:

Trust me when I say that you should treat every exam like it's closed book. My K's exam was my only closed book one, and it forced me to really know the material. You've got time to get it all down. Good luck!

Thanks!!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”