IT law LLM

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Kazi

IT law LLM

Postby Kazi » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:25 am

Hi everyone,

I am an international student looking for an LLM in IT Law or similar. I found several LLMs in IP law, but that's not exactly what I'm looking for. This NYU LLM program is a good example: http://www.law.nyu.edu/llmjsd/competiti ... rmationlaw

Something more related to new technologies, internet, cloud computing, antitrust, and IP, obviously.

Suggestions and ideas are most welcome.

Thanks!
K.

A. Nony Mouse

Re: IT law LLM

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:28 am

I suspect you may get the best results looking for a law school that offers the courses you want/has faculty who work in that area, and getting a general LLM that you sort of "customize" into an IT LLM, because I doubt you're going to find anything more specialized in the field that isn't an IP LLM.

Kazi

Postby Kazi » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:45 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:I suspect you may get the best results looking for a law school that offers the courses you want/has faculty who work in that area, and getting a general LLM that you sort of "customize" into an IT LLM, because I doubt you're going to find anything more specialized in the field that isn't an IP LLM.

Thank you A. Nony Mouse, this makes sense. I'll look in that direction.

Regards,
K.

Danteshek

Postby Danteshek » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:51 pm

A big school with a big LLM class is probably what you need. I am partial to Georgetown. I know one German LLM student who focused on IP and had a very good experience.

fats provolone

Postby fats provolone » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:57 pm

there were some llms at Harvard that basically did this. they were basically TAs for lessig/zittrain. dunno if it's an actual program or if they rolled their own thing

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”