nvm Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
victortsoi

Bronze

nvm

Post by victortsoi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:04 pm

stupid question, please delete.

Desert Fox

Diamond

Re: nvm

Post by Desert Fox » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:07 pm

victortsoi wrote:What is the best way to sneak in outlines into a closed exam?
Dood delete this shit.
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avian

Bronze

Post by Avian » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:54 pm

Obviously you don't. If you feel that you need to have something in front of you, some people memorize a 1 page attack outline verbatim and then write it down immediately when they get into the exam.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:08 am

GOATlawman

Bronze

Post by GOATlawman » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:14 am

Hide it in a bathroom stall.

Make into columns, and tape to the underside of toilet seat

Tape to a local pizza place menu, step outside room to "order pizza"

Tape inside of the phone book attached to phone booth. Remember what page it's on.

Park illegally nearby. Go outside and discover "parking ticket" on your windshield

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NotMyRealName09

Silver

Post by NotMyRealName09 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:06 am

Hide them in your brain

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:45 am

Overlooking the question and addressing the underlying concern because I hope it was a tongue-in-cheek expression -- albeit a poorly considered one -- of reasonable fears, I point you to Prof. Whaley's advice:
Word List. For closed-book essay exams, I recommend you memorize a short (no more than 20 words) list of topics that are likely to be on the exam. For example, in a Contracts course the word list might contain words such as: liquidated damages, mitigation, forseeability, quasi-contract, etc.

. . .

When the starting signal is given, first set up your time schedule. . . . [Next w]rite down your word list separately and save it. . . . Outline each essay question before writing out the answer to any of them. . . . Check your outline against the word list. For each word on the list ask yourself is this issue hidden in the question. For example, if one of the words on your word list is “promissory estoppel” ponder whether there are promissory estoppel issues that you haven’t thought about presented in the given fact pattern. If you do this carefully with each of the words on your list, I guarantee you that ideas will pop into your head that will earn you extra points you would otherwise have forfeited.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

GOATlawman

Bronze

Post by GOATlawman » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:43 am

BVest wrote:Overlooking the question and addressing the underlying concern because I hope it was a tongue-in-cheek expression -- albeit a poorly considered one -- of reasonable fears, I point you to Prof. Whaley's advice:
Word List. For closed-book essay exams, I recommend you memorize a short (no more than 20 words) list of topics that are likely to be on the exam. For example, in a Contracts course the word list might contain words such as: liquidated damages, mitigation, forseeability, quasi-contract, etc.

. . .

When the starting signal is given, first set up your time schedule. . . . [Next w]rite down your word list separately and save it. . . . Outline each essay question before writing out the answer to any of them. . . . Check your outline against the word list. For each word on the list ask yourself is this issue hidden in the question. For example, if one of the words on your word list is “promissory estoppel” ponder whether there are promissory estoppel issues that you haven’t thought about presented in the given fact pattern. If you do this carefully with each of the words on your list, I guarantee you that ideas will pop into your head that will earn you extra points you would otherwise have forfeited.
pretty fuckin bomb advice

what was the URL supposed to be?

BVest

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Post by BVest » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:39 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”