Open book accounting midterm Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Mr.Throwback

Bronze

Open book accounting midterm

Post by Mr.Throwback » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:53 pm

In my Corporations class we have a p/f accounting midterm. 15 question m/c , open book. Need half right to pass. If you fail, you go down a third of a grade. Nothing happens if you pass. We spent about 3 weeks covering introductory materials such as the time value of money, balance sheets, income statements, and financial ratios.

For those who are more well versed in accounting than I am (pretty easy), what advice/tips do you have? And as always, I more than appreciate your help.

el madrileno

New

Re: Open book accounting midterm

Post by el madrileno » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:01 pm

Mr.Throwback wrote:In my Corporations class we have a p/f accounting midterm. 15 question m/c , open book. Need half right to pass. If you fail, you go down a third of a grade. Nothing happens if you pass. We spent about 3 weeks covering introductory materials such as the time value of money, balance sheets, income statements, and financial ratios.

For those who are more well versed in accounting than I am (pretty easy), what advice/tips do you have? And as always, I more than appreciate your help.
investopedia.com and similar sites can be helpful.

JJ123

Bronze

Re: Open book accounting midterm

Post by JJ123 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:14 pm

The basic accounting equation, and which accounts are debit balance vs. credit balance is a MAJOR factor:

http://www.hbone.com/basicacc.htm

Also, understand what is on the basic financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cashflows, comprehensive income) and how to use them. Honest to God, that's probably all you need to know for a basic accounting course.

If it doesn't make sense, get an accounting 101 book from the library. They usually explain things better than an "accounting for lawyers" class book.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”