Good, readable book about Evidence? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
djaja

New

Good, readable book about Evidence?

Post by djaja » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:22 pm

I took Evidence but completed zoned out in class and really only studied in the last two weeks to prepare for the exam. Now that I'm a 3L hoping for a career in criminal litigation, I'm wondering if there's a book out there that helps teach the concepts of Evidence that's a bit more readable than a casebook. I've checked out 'Evidentiary Foundations' by Imwinkelreid which is a solid start, but I'd like something a bit broader. I've worked with experienced attorneys who can talk about Evidence fluently, on the fly-- and I want to be one of them. Is E&E the only option?

BlueLotus

Gold

Re: Good, readable book about Evidence?

Post by BlueLotus » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:33 pm

djaja wrote:I took Evidence but completed zoned out in class and really only studied in the last two weeks to prepare for the exam. Now that I'm a 3L hoping for a career in criminal litigation, I'm wondering if there's a book out there that helps teach the concepts of Evidence that's a bit more readable than a casebook. I've checked out 'Evidentiary Foundations' by Imwinkelreid which is a solid start, but I'd like something a bit broader. I've worked with experienced attorneys who can talk about Evidence fluently, on the fly-- and I want to be one of them. Is E&E the only option?
Search on these boards for kalvano's Evidence "short sheet". It is pretty amazing. I also recommend the CALI lessons and this:http://lscontent.westlaw.com/images/con ... tions1.htm

The E&E is also solid.

kay2016

Silver

Re: Good, readable book about Evidence?

Post by kay2016 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:43 pm

Mauet trial evidence is also very readable...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”