Post removed. Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Nekrowizard

Bronze

Post removed.

Post by Nekrowizard » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:35 am

Post removed.
Last edited by Nekrowizard on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thesealocust

Platinum

Re: Supplements and depth

Post by thesealocust » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:20 am

Nekrowizard wrote:I've been using Dressler, Chirelstein, and Glannon for their respective classes, as per TLS consensus, but I don't really feel like I'm getting anything out of them that I didn't get from reading the casebook and paying attention to the lecture. They all do help cement the concepts and application of the rules, certainly. I'm not sure that they do that to a greater extent than just reviewing my notes. If I were to get Friedenthal for Civ Pro or Perillo on Contracts or LaFave on Crim, would it make any difference, as they presumably go into greater detail? I just feel like I'm missing something with the supplementary reading.
Supplements aren't magic. If you're confused or your professor sucks, they can get you back on track, but the exam will only cover material that your prof focused on in class and/or assigned for readings.

Because so many professors hide the ball, and because law school courses can be overwhelming and confusing, supplements can be useful in some instances, but they're never necessary.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”