LSAT and first year grades correlation to bar results

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Mr.Throwback

Bronze

LSAT and first year grades correlation to bar results

Postby Mr.Throwback » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:38 am

Generally, i'm a pretty poor standardized test taker. I didn't do so great on the LSAT. However, I did well my first year of law school. Is there any correlation between poor LSAT and bar passage rates, or better yet, is there a correlation between good first year grades and bar passage rates, and if so, is this correlation stronger than LSAT-Bar? Hopefully this isn't as confusing as I'm making it sound. Did not have coffee yet :x

Thanks and good luck to those taking the bar!!!

Fed_Atty

Bronze

Re: LSAT and first year grades correlation to bar results

Postby Fed_Atty » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:59 am

Generally speaking, if you sign on with one of the Barprep companies and do the assigned work you should pass the bar quite easily. Without casting too wide of a net, people who fail either had some very significant issues going on in their personal lives, blew off prep or just had something go really wrong on exam day(s).

I do recall a study that did correlate law school performance with bar exam performance. I don't know the details though.

adonai

Silver

Re: LSAT and first year grades correlation to bar results

Postby adonai » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:53 pm

Return to “Forum for Law School Students�