If you are at school all day, what is your eating habit? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bigben

Silver

Re: If you are at school all day, what is your eating habit?

Post by bigben » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:42 pm

SteelReserve wrote:
If you guys cook dinner, what do you usual make? It is difficult to make a healthy, wholesome dinner as a law student (lack of time and money).
I have found it to be extremely easy to eat healthy (and cheaply) as a law student; the key is to avoid your school's cafeteria at all costs, or even nearby eateries.

Breakfast should always be big and made at home: maybe a bowl of cereal, cottage cheese, coffee, glass of milk. Eggs and bacon. Stuff like that...never skimp on breakfast, it is a meal where you can safely eat huge amounts of food.

Always bag your lunch and keep it in the school fridge. It could be leftover dinner, sandwich, tuna and fruit, etc

Keep a bag of almonds with you at all times for instant, healthy snacking. Bring fruit with you to school for a nutrient-packed pick-me-up.

For dinner, cook. For yourself, with your SO, whatever. Cook healthy meats and veggies. Throw in brown rice. Maybe whole wheat pasta if you're feeling a carb crave.

At the end of the night, have a tall glass of milk, or snack on some celery w/peanut butter, or some cottage cheese, or an apple and slice of american cheese.

EDIT: By the way OP, cool thread. Beats the usual 'what study guide should i use for torts' I definitely think you can get some seriously healthy advice from this thread.

Nice, very healthy. Don't forget 40 or 80 ounces of Steel Reserve whenever possible.

SteelReserve

Bronze

Post by SteelReserve » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:19 pm

A Steel Reserve a day keeps the Doctor away.

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:15 pm

OP's avatar. (I'm sure someone has already made that joke but I don't feel like reading the whole thread)

millieb

New

Post by millieb » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:39 pm

I love this thread, it's so much more positive and original than the others! I'm just hoping to land at a school in a city where I won't starve to death as a vegetarian. Or where when people find out I'm a vegetarian they ask, "So, you still eat pork then, right?"

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:34 am

Bankhead wrote:OP's avatar. (I'm sure someone has already made that joke but I don't feel like reading the whole thread)
It was pristine and awaiting your joke making enjoyment.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:35 am

millieb wrote:I love this thread, it's so much more positive and original than the others! I'm just hoping to land at a school in a city where I won't starve to death as a vegetarian. Or where when people find out I'm a vegetarian they ask, "So, you still eat pork then, right?"
Madness! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:41 am

my eating habit is not to eat while at school

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”