Baroutlines v. Other Bar Reviews (Repeat) Please Help!

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
horriblegb

Baroutlines v. Other Bar Reviews (Repeat) Please Help!

Postby horriblegb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:30 pm

I did go through the bar thread above but I am still tentative about my decision so I thought I would ask for some support here, if it is wrong for me to post this again I apologize.

I took and passed the AZ bar last year. However, I am yet another law graduate jobless (semi-legal job, but I hate it, I want to be an attorney already! ha)
I am originally from NM

So time and time again on my interviews I am told that essentially if I had membership to the NM state bar (which has 0 reciprocity) I would be an even bigger threat for jobs.

Long story short, I am now seriously considering the NM bar exam and deciding which bar review course to take. I took Barbri for AZ (UBE) and I passed by the skin of my teeth, so I am worried about another bar

For NM baroutlines.com it is 49.99 (v. Ameribar $1295, Barbri $2500 alumni price, and $1835 for Kaplan, there is no Themis offered in NM)

I just want to hear from those who used Baroutlines that I am not crazy in considering this option, with student loans and a low paying job, I just dont want to have to shell out the dough if I dont need to.

I mostly studied barbri at home if that helps

Thanks everyone

horriblegb

Re: Baroutlines v. Other Bar Reviews (Repeat) Please Help!

Postby horriblegb » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:42 pm

bump? Leaning more towards baroutlines.com but, still would like some insight?

worldtraveler

Postby worldtraveler » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:08 pm

I used baroutlines.com for CA and I failed. Their CA state specific stuff was pretty shitty.

It's A Lion

Postby It's A Lion » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Arizona's bar exam is considered to be substantially more difficult than New Mexico's: http://witnesseth.typepad.com/blog/2013 ... exams.html

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:02 pm

It's A Lion wrote:Arizona's bar exam is considered to be substantially more difficult than New Mexico's: http://witnesseth.typepad.com/blog/2013 ... exams.html

Right I was aware but still concerned I guess I dont want to waste the money, dont have a lot to go around

It's A Lion

Postby It's A Lion » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:09 pm

horriblegb wrote:
It's A Lion wrote:Arizona's bar exam is considered to be substantially more difficult than New Mexico's: http://witnesseth.typepad.com/blog/2013 ... exams.html

Right I was aware but still concerned I guess I dont want to waste the money, dont have a lot to go around

Based on talks I've had with people in a similar position, the combination of their original BarBri MBE/multi-state materials + Baroutlines + Free State Bar essays & model answers + a recent used edition of the Kaplan final MBE exam & review materials are more than adequate to pass the second bar exam.

You already have the advantage and experience of successfully taking one bar exam, and you have already successfully studied for the MBE portion of the exam. It's essentially a matter of refreshing your MBE and common law essay knowledge in addition to learning the NM state distinctions. Also, you have passed what is arguably an objectively more difficult bar exam.

The published NM essays/answers + baroutlines would seem like enough to prepare for the NM distinctions...

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:11 pm

It's A Lion wrote:
horriblegb wrote:

Based on talks I've had with people in a similar position, the combination of their original BarBri MBE/multi-state materials + Baroutlines + Free State Bar essays & model answers + a recent used edition of the Kaplan final MBE exam & review materials are more than adequate to pass the second bar exam.

You already have the advantage and experience of successfully taking one bar exam, and you have already successfully studied for the MBE portion of the exam. It's essentially a matter of refreshing your MBE and common law essay knowledge in addition to learning the NM state distinctions. Also, you have passed what is arguably an objectively more difficult bar exam.

The published NM essays/answers + baroutlines would seem like enough to prepare for the NM distinctions...

Thank you so much for all of your help! I am know I am not the only one on here that suffers from overthinking things but you are right. I figure if I will get the Barmax MBE questions too because the MBE was my weaker point (since I returned my Barbri materials not planning on taking another bar exam)

Thanks again!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”