ConLaw 1 help

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
trepinator

ConLaw 1 help

Postby trepinator » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:35 am

So my con law professor assigns a crazy amount of reading for every class...around 50 pages. It's getting hard to keep up with it and property at the same time and it's only the end of the second semester. Any advice?

Also, would anyone happen to have notes/a comprehensive outline for:

Constitutional Law by Stone Seidman Sunstein Tushnet and Karlan?

Finally, my professor is M. Higginbotham. Any chance anyone has had him before and or would have some old exams?

Thanks for any help.

Gamecubesupreme

Re: ConLaw 1 help

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:52 am

50 pages a class isn't that much. It's not light, but it's within reasonable limits for a law school class, especially con law.

You'll have to get used to it.

trepinator

Postby trepinator » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:10 am

I figured. Just want some help. Anyone a student at NYU. He was a adjunct professor there. I doubt they have any of his old exams posted up, but if they did any help getting them would be greatly appreciated.

thegrayman

Postby thegrayman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:24 am

trepinator wrote:I figured. Just want some help. Anyone a student at NYU. He was a adjunct professor there. I doubt they have any of his old exams posted up, but if they did any help getting them would be greatly appreciated.

I checked, his old exams aren't available, and there are no outlines for his class available. NYU is pretty quick about removing things from professors who aren't currently teaching there.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:25 am

That's the worst book ever. My prof was one of the editors.

Stevoman

Postby Stevoman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:01 pm

Throw away your case book, and buy this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Constitutional-La ... y_b_text_y

If you do this, you might miss a cold call question on some remote detail of reasoning in a minor commerce clause case. But this book is your golden ticket to doing well on the exam, and that's all that matters in law school.

Lockfast

Postby Lockfast » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Here you go: http://www.casebriefs.com.

I just case briefed every case, copying the relevant portion from the website into my notes. Then I'd skim the case.. like literally, just flip the pages quickly looking for facts relevant to the rule I pulled. Cut my case reading time down to 80% and my Professor liked me for getting the right reasoning and rules from my reasoning.. little did that wily bastard know I was case briefing :twisted:

tonidee

Postby tonidee » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:51 pm

A Happy Guide to Con Law by Mark Alexander is a nice easy overview of how to connect the topics. Read the cases, harm skim the notes.

Most of your classmates will give up on reading around the 60% mark of the semester.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”