3.0 at Lower T14

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
wiz
Posts: 28934
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Re: 3.0 at Lower T14

Postby wiz » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:09 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
Wearthewildthingsr wrote:
First Offense wrote:
Wearthewildthingsr wrote:you go to duke law don't you op? 3.3 is the median at duke. not sure if other school's. also the timing of this considering grades were released last week suggests duke.

Grades were released last week at a lot of schools.


is 3.3 the median at a lot of t-14 schools? I didn't think so


yes. it is the median at a lot of schools.


Pretty much all T14s except Michigan, Cornell, and Northwestern, I think (obvi excluding the schools that don't give real grades)

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: 3.0 at Lower T14

Postby Micdiddy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:20 pm

I thought that was the median at NU also...but I honestly don't know.

User avatar
wiz
Posts: 28934
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Re: 3.0 at Lower T14

Postby wiz » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:29 pm

Micdiddy wrote:I thought that was the median at NU also...but I honestly don't know.

You might be right. Lots of posters on here say median at NU is like a 4.1, but maybe that's just for upper-level classes.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: 3.0 at Lower T14

Postby Micdiddy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:43 pm

All 1L first semester classes are curved with a 3.33 median. By end if 1L year some (most) first years take one or two uncurved classes so the median jumps up a bit.
I could see some uncurved classes have a 4.1 median but not gpa's.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: 3.0 at Lower T14

Postby Crowing » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:39 pm

North wrote:
Wearthewildthingsr wrote:you go to duke law don't you op? 3.3 is the median at duke. not sure if other school's. also the timing of this considering grades were released last week suggests duke.

GOT HIM. GREAT WORK BRO.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wearthewildthingsr
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Re: 3.0 at Lower T14

Postby Wearthewildthingsr » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:50 am

yes. it is the median at a lot of schools.[/quote]

Pretty much all T14s except Michigan, Cornell, and Northwestern, I think (obvi excluding the schools that don't give real grades)[/quote]

so you pretty much named all the lower t-14s that don't have a 3.3 median with exception to duke and georgetown. meh 50/50. unless georgetown released their grades super late it's duke.

Wearthewildthingsr
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Re: 3.0 at Lower T14

Postby Wearthewildthingsr » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:51 am

Micdiddy wrote:All 1L first semester classes are curved with a 3.33 median. By end if 1L year some (most) first years take one or two uncurved classes so the median jumps up a bit.
I could see some uncurved classes have a 4.1 median but not gpa's.


duke has a mandatory 3.3 median for all 1L courses and we can't take any other courses than your standard doctrinal classes. there's a few summer starters who are the exception.

User avatar
wiz
Posts: 28934
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Re: 3.0 at Lower T14

Postby wiz » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:58 am

Wearthewildthingsr wrote:
wiz wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:yes. it is the median at a lot of schools.


Pretty much all T14s except Michigan, Cornell, and Northwestern, I think (obvi excluding the schools that don't give real grades)


so you pretty much named all the lower t-14s that don't have a 3.3 median with exception to duke and georgetown. meh 50/50. unless georgetown released their grades super late it's duke.


Why are you so intent on having a big gotcha moment where OP concedes he goes to Duke?

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: 3.0 at Lower T14

Postby North » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:42 am

Wearthewildthingsr wrote:duke has a mandatory 3.3 median for all 1L courses and we can't take any other courses than your standard doctrinal classes. there's a few summer starters who are the exception.

Image

Wearthewildthingsr
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Re: 3.0 at Lower T14

Postby Wearthewildthingsr » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:43 pm

wiz wrote:
Wearthewildthingsr wrote:
wiz wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:yes. it is the median at a lot of schools.


Pretty much all T14s except Michigan, Cornell, and Northwestern, I think (obvi excluding the schools that don't give real grades)


so you pretty much named all the lower t-14s that don't have a 3.3 median with exception to duke and georgetown. meh 50/50. unless georgetown released their grades super late it's duke.


Why are you so intent on having a big gotcha moment where OP concedes he goes to Duke?


because I want to win an argument over the internet. yes it's pathetic and I should use my time more wisely.

oldtimeywestern
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: 3.0 at Lower T14

Postby oldtimeywestern » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:22 pm

I'm in the same situation as OP, but can walk away and have a job paying 90k. I'll work 40 hours a week, but never get a promotion. Only taking out loans for living expenses right now (scholly covering the rest). Already paid for the second semester, so is it best to just stick it out through the summer and my first internship at this point? The job will be there if I want as long as I start before summer 2015.

User avatar
wiz
Posts: 28934
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Re: 3.0 at Lower T14

Postby wiz » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:39 am

oldtimeywestern wrote:I'm in the same situation as OP, but can walk away and have a job paying 90k. I'll work 40 hours a week, but never get a promotion. Only taking out loans for living expenses right now (scholly covering the rest). Already paid for the second semester, so is it best to just stick it out through the summer and my first internship at this point? The job will be there if I want as long as I start before summer 2015.

Yes, obvi stick it out. You don't have much debt, you've already paid for the second semester, and you still have a shot at landing something through OCI if your grades improve in the spring. Plus, you still have the 90k job to fall back on.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cocotruffles and 13 guests