What age do you wish to be married (those going to biglaw)?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
piccolittle

Re: What age do you wish to be married (those going to biglaw)?

Postby piccolittle » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:41 am

BigRob wrote:I plan to get married soon after starting as a big law associate. My relationship with my girlfriend has been strained due to the time demands of my third year of law school, but my firm has told me, many times, that it strives to provide associates with a work-life balance.

I will probably wait until I am a third-year associate to have children because by then I should be past the hard part.

Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

UnderrateOverachieve

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:45 am

El Pollito wrote:
UnderrateOverachieve wrote:My Dad's advice. All the beautiful women ARE married by 25. However, they are all divorced by 30 and are hell bent on finding some nice quality man poon (4th year associate at S&C sounds quality to me :) ).

Puke in my mouth.

Is that a request?

guano

Postby guano » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:58 am

UnderrateOverachieve wrote:My Dad's advice. All the beautiful women ARE married by 25. However, they are all divorced by 30 and are hell bent on finding some nice quality man poon (4th year associate at S&C sounds quality to me :) ).

Your dad might be a redneck

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:03 pm

You want to marry a divorcee? Gross dude. Might as well go up the road to the retirement home and find yourself a nice grandma to settle down with.

BigRob

Postby BigRob » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:28 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:
BigRob wrote:the time demands of my third year of law school.

You're doing it wrong.

No, you are. The ABA requires class attendance, so you need to go. Also, all of my teachers in 1L told me to brief cases, and I see no better way to memorize the procedural histories of the cases we cover, so I spend a lot of time making and editing those. Finally, I am a member of a law journal and take the prestige and responsibility very seriously. I am charged with editing notes submitted by other students. Often they are not done with the care one would expect and I see it as my sworn duty to work fervently to revise them.

guano

Postby guano » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:31 pm

BigRob wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:
You're doing it wrong.
No, you are. The ABA requires class attendance, so you need to go. Also, all of my teachers in 1L told me to brief cases, and I see no better way to memorize the procedural histories of the cases we cover, so I spend a lot of time making and editing those. Finally, I am a member of a law journal and take the prestige and responsibility very seriously. I am charged with editing notes submitted by other students. Often they are not done with the care one would expect and I see it as my sworn duty to work fervently to revise them.
TatteredDignity wrote:You're doing it wrong.

Hipster but Athletic

Postby Hipster but Athletic » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:32 pm

BigRob wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:

You're doing it wrong.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:28 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lockfast

Postby Lockfast » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:08 pm

BigRob wrote:... Also, all of my teachers in 1L told me to brief cases, and I see no better way to memorize the procedural histories of the cases we cover, so I spend a lot of time making and editing those...

Who memorizes procedural histories? What?!

Veni_Vidi_Vici

Postby Veni_Vidi_Vici » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:38 pm

I want biglaw so I can bang models until I'm 30 and then settle down with a nice choir girl.

Nightrunner

Postby Nightrunner » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Veni_Vidi_Vici wrote:I want biglaw so I can bang models until I'm 30 and then settle down with a nice choir girl.

Bro you're at a university. You don't need a career to bang hot 20-year-olds; you need to walk your ass on down to the college bars.

Cellar-door

Postby Cellar-door » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:48 am

Veni_Vidi_Vici wrote:I want biglaw so I can bang models until I'm 30 and then settle down with a nice choir girl.

You're in the wrong racket for that. Drop out, work for a hedgefund, or deal cocaine.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”