Taking property in the upcoming semester.

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
nsv

Taking property in the upcoming semester.

Postby nsv » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:54 pm

Do most professors go into personal property? I am looking at supplements online and most companies seem to divide personal from real property.

doctoroflaw91

Re: Taking property in the upcoming semester.

Postby doctoroflaw91 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Are you a 1L? In general, most 1L property classes cover real property. We briefly touched on intellectual property, but I believe that was only for part of a single class. In terms of supplements, I recommend Sprankling's Understanding Property Law as well as Burke and Snoe's Examples and Explanations book.

Postby 2014 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:13 pm

We talked about personal property briefly in the context of acquiring property (finding shit or gifting shit in particular) but the overwhelming focus was on real property.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:36 pm

nsv wrote:Do most professors go into personal property? I am looking at supplements online and most companies seem to divide personal from real property.

The class hasn't even started and you're looking up supplements. I hate you and everything you stand for.

nsv

Postby nsv » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:47 pm

3|ink wrote:
nsv wrote:Do most professors go into personal property? I am looking at supplements online and most companies seem to divide personal from real property.

The class hasn't even started and you're looking up supplements. I hate you and everything you stand for.

I prefer to order the supplements now in order to use them throughout the semester. Just so you know, I am enjoying my break and do not plan on doing any school work.

Why are you so mad though? Take it easy bud, I come in peace.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”