eBooks for casebooks?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
JZ_

eBooks for casebooks?

Postby JZ_ » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:25 pm

What do you think about using an eBook for one of my casebooks next semester? I'm considering bc it saves a lot of trouble of carrying multiple casebooks and supplements at once

sap

Re: eBooks for casebooks?

Postby sap » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Figure out what your prof's exam policies are. I had an exam this sem where my prof said open book but only printed materials (my school doesn't use examsoft, so it IS otherwise possible to use non-print materials). If your school uses examsoft, and your prof has open book, I would think you'd be at a disadvantage from that as well.

JZ_

Postby JZ_ » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:13 pm

Never thought of that.. and my school does use ExamSoft. I have a tablet though. I will def look into that, thank you.

sap wrote:Figure out what your prof's exam policies are. I had an exam this sem where my prof said open book but only printed materials (my school doesn't use examsoft, so it IS otherwise possible to use non-print materials). If your school uses examsoft, and your prof has open book, I would think you'd be at a disadvantage from that as well.

kay2016

Postby kay2016 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:08 am

JZ_ wrote:Never thought of that.. and my school does use ExamSoft. I have a tablet though. I will def look into that, thank you.

sap wrote:Figure out what your prof's exam policies are. I had an exam this sem where my prof said open book but only printed materials (my school doesn't use examsoft, so it IS otherwise possible to use non-print materials). If your school uses examsoft, and your prof has open book, I would think you'd be at a disadvantage from that as well.

If they only allow printed materials, chances are they wouldn't let you use the tablet. We had our cases all online, but could only use them if we printed them off. She specifically said we couldn't use a tablet or whatever to pull them up

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”