Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
portaprokoss
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby portaprokoss » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:15 pm

Can I learn admin in 72 hours? So far seems pretty simple.

User avatar
smaug_
Posts: 2195
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby smaug_ » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:17 pm

portaprokoss wrote:Can I learn admin in 72 hours? So far seems pretty simple.


Learn Vermont Yankee, Chevron, Mead, City of Arlington and start praying.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby 3|ink » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Don't worry. Admin law professors are notorious for unfair exams. Everyone who studied will be just as fucked as you are.

User avatar
ph14
Posts: 3225
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby ph14 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Trick question: administrative law is incomprehensible and nonsensical.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby stillwater » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:36 pm

ive paid attention all year and i still don't get. esp when it comes to taking an exam.

User avatar
Carlo Von Sexron
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby Carlo Von Sexron » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:28 pm

smaug wrote:
portaprokoss wrote:Can I learn admin in 72 hours? So far seems pretty simple.


Learn Vermont Yankee, Chevron, Mead, City of Arlington and start praying.
Also American Trucking and Schor, but it's probably a lost cause at this point.

thegrayman
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby thegrayman » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Fuck admin

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:10 pm

Can anyone guess what I would recommend?

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:14 pm

Yea, there isn't actually all that much they can test you on anyway.

User avatar
ph14
Posts: 3225
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby ph14 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:17 pm

kalvano wrote:Can anyone guess what I would recommend?


I know the answer here. Question is, is it on kindle or something?

portaprokoss
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby portaprokoss » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:40 pm

kalvano wrote:Can anyone guess what I would recommend?


Watch Breaking Bad
drop out
cook meth
???
profit

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby northwood » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:46 pm

yes you can learn admin in 72 hours.....

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:31 pm

ph14 wrote:
kalvano wrote:Can anyone guess what I would recommend?


I know the answer here. Question is, is it on kindle or something?



Why yes it is.

http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Administra ... +admin+law

waxecstatic
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby waxecstatic » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:37 pm

Yes, unless you plan on sleeping during that time.

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby km23 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:05 am

I learned admin in 2.5 days back in 2011. I got an A (and this professor was a tough grader and even failed a student that semester). I literally did not read anything all semester and just attended some lectures here and there (most boring freaking class ever). By the end of the semester, I had like 2 pages of typed notes with nothing relevant. I just couldn't justify sitting in class and doing the reading when I couldn't understand admin. for the life of me...I only began to understand admin. when I got my hands on some outlines at the end of the semester and looked at the "whole picture."

I don't recommend slacking off, as it causes a lot of stress during finals, but it can be done with smart studying (AKA getting your hands on an excellent outline and memorizing it like crazy).

Those were the days (Not. I definitely don't miss law school).

Good luck.

kykiske
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby kykiske » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:24 pm

3|ink wrote:Don't worry. Admin law professors are notorious for unfair exams. Everyone who studied will be just as fucked as you are.


This. SO MUCH.

I studied hard for admin. Did 3 total practice exams. I met with the professor to discuss one of my mock answers, and he said he found my analysis really strong.

Day of the test I read through each of his questions. There was little to no overlap between the past exams, and the exam he gave to my class. He gave one fact-pattern and two policy questions. In the years past, he gave zero policy questions.

God, what a crap-shoot. I got median-pwned for my final grade. Tis is life I guess.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Can I learn admin in 72 hours?

Postby 3|ink » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:43 pm

kykiske wrote:
3|ink wrote:Don't worry. Admin law professors are notorious for unfair exams. Everyone who studied will be just as fucked as you are.


This. SO MUCH.

I studied hard for admin. Did 3 total practice exams. I met with the professor to discuss one of my mock answers, and he said he found my analysis really strong.

Day of the test I read through each of his questions. There was little to no overlap between the past exams, and the exam he gave to my class. He gave one fact-pattern and two policy questions. In the years past, he gave zero policy questions.

God, what a crap-shoot. I got median-pwned for my final grade. Tis is life I guess.

This was exactly my experience. Right down to the policy question.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], LawHammer, rockosmodernlife, Stubbazubba, wg6524 and 21 guests