Typo on final?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Octaviankid

Typo on final?

Postby Octaviankid » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:51 am

Hey everyone. Hope finals are going well. Quick question.

Took my first ever law final yesterday, oh lawdy, and I think I did pretty well. I was in a rush and didn't get a chance to do a spell check. After time was called I noticed a typo and totally freaked out because I'm not sure if there were more lol. So...If I wrote a really good exam, with a few typos how much will that hurt me? I guess it's subjective, but I'd like to hear your opinion. Thanks and good luck!

lawhopeful10

Re: Typo on final?

Postby lawhopeful10 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:55 am

Octaviankid wrote:Hey everyone. Hope finals are going well. Quick question.

Took my first ever law final yesterday, oh lawdy, and I think I did pretty well. I was in a rush and didn't get a chance to do a spell check. After time was called I noticed a typo and totally freaked out because I'm not sure if there were more lol. So...If I wrote a really good exam, with a few typos how much will that hurt me? I guess it's subjective, but I'd like to hear your opinion. Thanks and good luck!

I have seen past exams by students that got the highest grade in the class and they had plenty of typos. This is probably something you don't need to spend much time worrying about.

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:59 am

Typos are nbd

Octaviankid

Postby Octaviankid » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:24 am

Awesome. Thanks guys!

BigRob

Postby BigRob » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:20 pm

I'd rather write an exam with 8,000 words and 80 typos than an exam with 7900 words. Get the information out there. Professors (at least the six or so with whom I've spoken) award points as they're going along, not holistically at the end of the exam.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:43 pm

Like everyone else said, if this was an in-class exam, as long as it is readable/understandable then you are fine.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:12 pm

Not at all. Law professors know you have time constraints and don't give much of a fuck about spelling, ect. Unless they tell you they care. I've written entire exams where I type fast and wind up with teh every time, and still get A's.

JuTMSY4

Postby JuTMSY4 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:15 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:Not at all. Law professors don't give much of a fuck

Ftfy

glitched

Postby glitched » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Depends. If you wrote you had a constitutional right of pubic access, you might even get extra credit.

thelawyler

Postby thelawyler » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:32 pm

I put "an" instead of "a" and failed an exam because of it. Email prof asap.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”