Did I F myself on my torts final?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
odoylerulez

Re: Did I F myself on my torts final?

Postby odoylerulez » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:07 am

Mr.Throwback wrote:Some kid finished our 4 hour exam in 2 hours. No POSSIBLE way he could have answered 29 multiple choice, 3 short answer, and one long ass essay in 2 hours...right?

From my experience, those that leave exams early (and I mean way early) either know the material like the back of their hand, or really have no clue what's going on, and as a result, don't have much to say. Usually the second.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:14 am

odoylerulez wrote:Missing one issue, even a major one, usually isn't a grounds for major concern, even on a Torts final.

Sure, you probably are excluded from booking the class because of this, but missing one issue, even if fairly obvious, isn't exactly going to make or break you either.

This. You might not book the class but that doesn't mean you couldn't get a good grade. I had a similar situation to a lot of other posted in here. Missed an issue (well, I spotted the issue but summarily disposed of it and just wrote that it wasn't an issue here), realized it when I came home, and was pretty bummed. I ended up doing well in the class, and i'm glad I didn't let it mess with my head going forward with my other exams.

Mr.Throwback

Postby Mr.Throwback » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:16 am

odoylerulez wrote:
Mr.Throwback wrote:Some kid finished our 4 hour exam in 2 hours. No POSSIBLE way he could have answered 29 multiple choice, 3 short answer, and one long ass essay in 2 hours...right?

From my experience, those that leave exams early (and I mean way early) either know the material like the back of their hand, or really have no clue what's going on, and as a result, don't have much to say. Usually the second.

It's just so hard to fathom someone going through law school and just not knowing the material and being ok with that. Do these people realize they can't figure it out?

PepperJack

Postby PepperJack » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:56 am

OP if your school allows it you can exchange tests with people you studied with. Choose the rational and direct people who won't blindly assume their test is the model answer, and also won't sugarcoat it. I did this last year, and it's really key to staying sane through the process. 1 hour to alleviate your stress won't kill you.

To keep things in perspective, let's say you boned it and got a B. You're probably not going to make LR, but you can still get great grades. The B vs. B+ or B+ vs A- threshold doesn't ruin many people in any one class, particularly if it's just a test specific mistake.

Honestly, if you spoke about relavant points and cranked out 7,000 words (25 pages or so?) - you should be good.

Mr.Throwback

Postby Mr.Throwback » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:44 am

7,000 characters, i hit it on the money. Every issue I touched on was relevant. But I know I had to leave one or two out and it's possible I should have replaced one of this issues i wrote about with one i left out.

sanjola

Postby sanjola » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:58 am

Mr.Throwback wrote:7,000 characters, i hit it on the money. Every issue I touched on was relevant. But I know I had to leave one or two out and it's possible I should have replaced one of this issues i wrote about with one i left out.

Sounds like you'll be fine. Most profs don't expect you to hit on and fully analyze every single point on their exams (that's nearly impossible). If you gave a strong analysis on several relevant issues, then you should relax and focus on your next exam. You still have civ pro, right?

jgc02a

Postby jgc02a » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:40 am

thesealocust wrote:Read up on Sodom & Gomorrah, then imagine your exam(s) as the cities, taking the exams as fiery meteors, and your position in life now as Lot's wife.

Don't look back.

read up on age of dinosaurs vs age of bible. then ask yourself if sodom and gomorrah even happened.

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:43 pm

sanjola wrote:
Mr.Throwback wrote:7,000 characters, i hit it on the money. Every issue I touched on was relevant. But I know I had to leave one or two out and it's possible I should have replaced one of this issues i wrote about with one i left out.

Sounds like you'll be fine. Most profs don't expect you to hit on and fully analyze every single point on their exams (that's nearly impossible). If you gave a strong analysis on several relevant issues, then you should relax and focus on your next exam. You still have civ pro, right?

If this helps, one of my first year profs told us that generally, an A answer will get 60% of the issues she put in the exam.

You're never going to hit them all. Quit tormenting yourself, you almost certainly did fine, and you probably did a lot better than you think you did.

Mr.Throwback

Postby Mr.Throwback » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 pm

Property is next.

LexLeon

Postby LexLeon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:58 am

jgc02a wrote:
thesealocust wrote:Read up on Sodom & Gomorrah, then imagine your exam(s) as the cities, taking the exams as fiery meteors, and your position in life now as Lot's wife.

Don't look back.

read up on age of dinosaurs vs age of bible. then ask yourself if sodom and gomorrah even happened.

Hah, actually one of the several events well corroborated by archaeological evidence.

Go learn.

Ohiobumpkin

Postby Ohiobumpkin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:09 pm

thesealocust wrote:
Mr.Throwback wrote:I seriously cannot stop thinking about it.

Then you will turn into a pillar of salt.

Sorry friend :(

lol

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:35 pm

thesealocust wrote:
Mr.Throwback wrote:I seriously cannot stop thinking about it.

Then you will turn into a pillar of salt.

Sorry friend :(

At least we can put his body into a grinder and get rid of the ice with it.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:50 pm

My torts final had 130 points. I earned 40 of them. It was my only A+ in law school.

I left the exam thinking I failed. I hit the bar with my classmates that night. They all felt good about it and bragged about spotting some peripheral issues. This made me feel worse. I guess they must have missed the bigger issues.

jgc02a

Postby jgc02a » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:06 pm

LexLeon wrote:
jgc02a wrote:

Don't look back.

Hah, actually one of the several events well corroborated by archaeological evidence.

Go learn.

If i may ask you a simple question: how old do you think the earth is?

buddyt

Postby buddyt » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:29 pm

jgc02a wrote:
LexLeon wrote:
jgc02a wrote:

Don't look back.

Go learn.

what is this i dont even

LexLeon

Postby LexLeon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:25 pm

buddyt wrote:
jgc02a wrote:
LexLeon wrote:
jgc02a wrote:

Go learn.

what is this i dont even

+1

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”