Do Public Interest students perform differently?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BluePurgatory

Do Public Interest students perform differently?

Postby BluePurgatory » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:07 am

This is motivated half by curiosity and half by self-interest, because I have a lot of public interest students in my section. I go to a T-20 with a big (i think) public interest program, and I was wondering if people have noticed public interest students perform particularly good/bad compared to other students. The answer I'm expecting is "they're just students, same as everyone blah blah," but if anyone has any insight I'd like to hear it. I could see it going either way; I know very little about public interest, but I'd imagine grades matter less (this may be naive). But they are also usually pretty driven and generally motivated about law school, I've noticed they seem to care about class more than the gen pop.

brotherdarkness

Re: Do Public Interest students perform differently?

Postby brotherdarkness » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:24 am

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:54 am

Seemed like a lot of people became PI students after first semester grades were released.

worldtraveler

Postby worldtraveler » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:53 pm

It kind of depends on what they want to do. A lot of PI people still want clerkships or want prestigious PI and so they REALLY care about grades. Others don't give a shit. I don't really think it is much different from being in any other section.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”