Cim Law Multiple Choice Exam Supplement

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
lhanvt13

Cim Law Multiple Choice Exam Supplement

Postby lhanvt13 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:39 pm

So, I have a multiple choice section on my crim law exam and the class is basically Dressler all the way. any recommendations on supplements?
I have the understanding Crim Law book and CD by Dressler but I don't know how to study for the MC section.

Thanks in advance guys

Lockfast

Re: Cim Law Multiple Choice Exam Supplement

Postby Lockfast » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:40 am

Process of elimination will help tremendously. For example, in my Evidence course we have 10 options per question (A-J). F-J are options like, "A, B, and C" or "A and D." This makes it challenging because there are answers that are more correct than others. But, identifying just one wrong answer eliminates the possibility of others. So, if you focus on the law, the application, and knowing the MPC/CL (or whatever else you need) cold, this should be easy when you identify an incorrect answer (or, in my case, an answer that isn't as correct as others..). Also, since MC are generally "easier" than fact pattern questions, pay attention and closely read the fact patterns. There may be some hidden traps and language in there.

Also, the Charles Whitebread book, "7 tips to exam taking success," has a great section on MC test taking.

Good luck!

lhanvt13

Re: Cim Law Multiple Choice Exam Supplement

Postby lhanvt13 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:33 pm

Lockfast wrote:Process of elimination will help tremendously. For example, in my Evidence course we have 10 options per question (A-J). F-J are options like, "A, B, and C" or "A and D." This makes it challenging because there are answers that are more correct than others. But, identifying just one wrong answer eliminates the possibility of others. So, if you focus on the law, the application, and knowing the MPC/CL (or whatever else you need) cold, this should be easy when you identify an incorrect answer (or, in my case, an answer that isn't as correct as others..). Also, since MC are generally "easier" than fact pattern questions, pay attention and closely read the fact patterns. There may be some hidden traps and language in there.

Also, the Charles Whitebread book, "7 tips to exam taking success," has a great section on MC test taking.

Good luck!

Thanks for the input!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”