Inviting professor to wedding? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ANonyMouse927

New

Inviting professor to wedding?

Post by ANonyMouse927 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:29 am

Hello TLS,

I'm a 2L and I'll be getting married in the fall semester of 3L. I'm considering inviting one of my professors -- she taught one of my 1L classes, I worked for her as an RA over the summer, I'm in classes with her both this fall and next spring, and she is my comment advisor for journal. She's been a mentor to me and, in a perfect world where it wasn't kind of weird, I'd have her at my wedding.

However, I am concerned that it would be weird, especially since I wouldn't be inviting other faculty (I'd invite her husband, of course, and other people from school but I don't think there are other faculty members with whom I am close enough to merit an invitation). I know that it's not uncommon in the graduate school world to invite professors, but it seems like law school might be different.

Anybody have any thoughts/experiences?

ETA: The wedding will be in the city where I go to school, prof knows I'm engaged, knows when the wedding is, knows I found a dress, etc. I wonder if she'd be offended if I didn't invite her.

Nova

Platinum

Re: Inviting professor to wedding?

Post by Nova » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:59 am

I think its fine except that you still have class with her. If you invite her after spring finals its all good

Hutz_and_Goodman

Gold

Post by Hutz_and_Goodman » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:30 am

Invite her. If she thinks it would be weird she won't come. She'll probably come and you'll be happy to see her. Either way she'll be touched she was invited.

LSATNightmares

Silver

Post by LSATNightmares » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:29 am

Invite her. I don't think it's weird since you know her that well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”