Dressler Understanding Crim pro vs readings

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
victortsoi

Dressler Understanding Crim pro vs readings

Postby victortsoi » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:03 pm

2L here finding myself overwhelmed with work/extracurrics this semester. I'm staying afloat in most of my classes, but behind in crim pro. professor is very lax so didn't really do much reading. We are using the dressler casebook. Not quite sure how to allocate time for crim pro. I have the Dressler hornbook, I could read it all before finals. Should I do this in lieu of reading the cases and only sporadic hornbook reading? Thanks.

RemyMarathe

Re: Dressler Understanding Crim pro vs readings

Postby RemyMarathe » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:34 pm

I'm also using the Dressler casebook/supplement and am curious.

I've used them in tandem, and it's rare when the cases add to my understanding from the supplement.

BUT, I'm a 1L and don't know what I'm doing.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:05 pm

I stopped reading my Crim book about 3 weeks in and just read Dressler. I got an A. I 100% attribute my grade to Dressler cause I had no idea what was happening before I chose this method. It didnt help that my professor also seemed to not know whats going on. YRMV.

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:39 am

Thanks for the replies guys...to be clear, I'm talking about crim pro not criminal law. I know dressler has awesome supplements for the latter, just wondering if I can pull the same stuff with criminal procedure and not regret it

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:44 am

victortsoi wrote:Thanks for the replies guys...to be clear, I'm talking about crim pro not criminal law. I know dressler has awesome supplements for the latter, just wondering if I can pull the same stuff with criminal procedure and not regret it

also interested in this, as I have yet to purchase my crim pro book or go to most classes

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:55 pm

is cali useful for crim pro?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”