Anyone's prof. ever kick everyone out of class?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
A. Nony Mouse

Re: Anyone's prof. ever kick everyone out of class?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:31 am

ph14 wrote:Plus, the professor should know that being prepared for a cold call isn't what is important for students, especially for 1Ls.

FWIW, profs feel differently about this. Strangely, they think that what they have you do in class helps you learn. (I mean, I know people here generally disagree, but at least give it to the profs that they think they're helping, or they wouldn't waste their time doing it/assigning it.)

I also have a lot of friends who've kicked everyone out of class for not being prepared. Not in law school, though.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:51 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
ph14 wrote:Plus, the professor should know that being prepared for a cold call isn't what is important for students, especially for 1Ls.

FWIW, profs feel differently about this. Strangely, they think that what they have you do in class helps you learn. (I mean, I know people here generally disagree, but at least give it to the profs that they think they're helping, or they wouldn't waste their time doing it/assigning it.)

I also have a lot of friends who've kicked everyone out of class for not being prepared. Not in law school, though.

your oratory is so mysterious. who are these FRIENDS you speak of???

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:53 pm

stillwater wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:I also have a lot of friends who've kicked everyone out of class for not being prepared. Not in law school, though.

What, is it so surprising that I have any? :P (I used to be a prof, many many of my friends are college/university profs.)

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:05 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
stillwater wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:I also have a lot of friends who've kicked everyone out of class for not being prepared. Not in law school, though.

What, is it so surprising that I have any? :P (I used to be a prof, many many of my friends are college/university profs.)

ah, so YOU'VE kicked people out of class. didnt know the prof part; now it makes sense.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:28 pm

stillwater wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
stillwater wrote:

ah, so YOU'VE kicked people out of class. didnt know the prof part; now it makes sense.

Sorry, I should have made that clear. :oops: I never actually kicked people out of class - I'd like to say it was because my students were always prepared, but it's more that I figured that even if they weren't prepared, they had to stay and suffer the whole time rather than get out early.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”