NY Bar app question - affidavits from past legal employers

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Nynaeve

NY Bar app question - affidavits from past legal employers

Postby Nynaeve » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:27 am

re: those affidavits from our past legal employers we have to include in our app. can they scan them to us, notarized and signed and filled out, or do they need to give us the completed hard copies?

Bronx Bum

Re: NY Bar app question - affidavits from past legal employers

Postby Bronx Bum » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:11 am

Why u doing this now? They're only good for 60 days, no? You can't send them in until mid november?

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:51 am

Bronx Bum wrote:Why u doing this now? They're only good for 60 days, no? You can't send them in until mid november?

The Third Department wants completed applications starting a few weeks ago. If it applies to you, you would have likely already received the e-mail from your department.

OP: I asked my legal employers to mail them to me because notary seals don't come through with pdfs or faxes but do not know if it is required.. You could call the appellate division you are assigned to and ask them. They have been really helpful.

EDIT: Corrected to say the Third Department wants the completed application prior to bar results. Sorry for any confusion.
Last edited by Unitas on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Unitas wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:Why u doing this now? They're only good for 60 days, no? You can't send them in until mid november?

I believe all the departments except the first want completed applications starting a few weeks ago. If it applies to you, you would have likely already received the e-mail from your department.

OP: I asked my legal employers to mail them to me because notary seals don't come through with pdfs or faxes but do not know if it is required.. You could call the appellate division you are assigned to and ask them. They have been really helpful.

Oh, second department doesn't want them either.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:05 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:
Unitas wrote:

I believe all the departments except the first want completed applications starting a few weeks ago. If it applies to you, you would have likely already received the e-mail from your department.

Oh, second department doesn't want them either.

Oh, I edited my post to reflect that I am only sure the Third Department requested them now. Someone had told me all the departments did except the First when we were discussing how awkward it would be to have to request all these things again in Feb. if we failed the first time.

Nynaeve

Postby Nynaeve » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks. The 1st Dept suggested getting these ahead of time, and having them ready to submit in Nov.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”