What is your favorite law themed television series?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Connor Benz

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Connor Benz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:36 pm

I like the Good Wife too, but sometimes it's a little irritating to watch.[/quote]

Really, how so? I feel like the characters are well balanced with appropriate chemistry. It has a good story line and some of the cases are interesting. I also like the fact that they incorporate current events into the plot as well.

thementor31337

Postby thementor31337 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Connor Benz wrote:
thementor31337 wrote:I like the Good Wife too, but sometimes it's a little irritating to watch.

Really, how so? I feel like the characters are well balanced with appropriate chemistry. It has a good story line and some of the cases are interesting. I also like the fact that they incorporate current events into the plot as well.

I guess it just seems like you have to suspend your disbelief a little more sometimes. I like most of the characters, but I think it personally irritates me that she stuck by her husband through all that garbage and didn't leave him. Also, while some of the cases are interesting, it seems like some of the errors that one side or the other makes in the show are common sense, and sometimes makes me want to say "well no shit..." Granted, I've only watched the seasons available on Netflix so I don't know if something has changed since season 4. I haven't watched any of the newer episodes.

Connor Benz

Postby Connor Benz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:44 pm

thementor31337 wrote:
Connor Benz wrote:
thementor31337 wrote:I like the Good Wife too, but sometimes it's a little irritating to watch.

I guess it just seems like you have to suspend your disbelief a little more sometimes. I like most of the characters, but I think it personally irritates me that she stuck by her husband through all that garbage and didn't leave him. Also, while some of the cases are interesting, it seems like some of the errors that one side or the other makes in the show are common sense, and sometimes makes me want to say "well no shit..." Granted, I've only watched the seasons available on Netflix so I don't know if something has changed since season 4. I haven't watched any of the newer episodes.

I see your point. I've seen season 4 and if memory serves me correctly, I believe she is still with her husband. She isn't clean herself however by sleeping with her boss. haha

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:58 pm

The Defenders was fun. Raising The Bar was pretty good.

Lumieres

Postby Lumieres » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Judge Judy

SEngland

Postby SEngland » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Buckwild

drmguy

Postby drmguy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Boston Legal

bsktbll28082

Postby bsktbll28082 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:48 am

Justice with Victor Garber and Kerr Smith. They're defense attorneys. What's cool is they show the audience what really happened and you get to see if the client was guilty or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_%282006_TV_series%29

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”