What is your favorite law themed television series?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Connor Benz
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Connor Benz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:36 pm

I like the Good Wife too, but sometimes it's a little irritating to watch.[/quote]

Really, how so? I feel like the characters are well balanced with appropriate chemistry. It has a good story line and some of the cases are interesting. I also like the fact that they incorporate current events into the plot as well.

User avatar
thementor31337
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby thementor31337 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Connor Benz wrote:
thementor31337 wrote:I like the Good Wife too, but sometimes it's a little irritating to watch.


Really, how so? I feel like the characters are well balanced with appropriate chemistry. It has a good story line and some of the cases are interesting. I also like the fact that they incorporate current events into the plot as well.


I guess it just seems like you have to suspend your disbelief a little more sometimes. I like most of the characters, but I think it personally irritates me that she stuck by her husband through all that garbage and didn't leave him. Also, while some of the cases are interesting, it seems like some of the errors that one side or the other makes in the show are common sense, and sometimes makes me want to say "well no shit..." Granted, I've only watched the seasons available on Netflix so I don't know if something has changed since season 4. I haven't watched any of the newer episodes.

Connor Benz
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Connor Benz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:44 pm

thementor31337 wrote:
Connor Benz wrote:
thementor31337 wrote:I like the Good Wife too, but sometimes it's a little irritating to watch.


Really, how so? I feel like the characters are well balanced with appropriate chemistry. It has a good story line and some of the cases are interesting. I also like the fact that they incorporate current events into the plot as well.


I guess it just seems like you have to suspend your disbelief a little more sometimes. I like most of the characters, but I think it personally irritates me that she stuck by her husband through all that garbage and didn't leave him. Also, while some of the cases are interesting, it seems like some of the errors that one side or the other makes in the show are common sense, and sometimes makes me want to say "well no shit..." Granted, I've only watched the seasons available on Netflix so I don't know if something has changed since season 4. I haven't watched any of the newer episodes.


I see your point. I've seen season 4 and if memory serves me correctly, I believe she is still with her husband. She isn't clean herself however by sleeping with her boss. haha

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby kalvano » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:58 pm

The Defenders was fun. Raising The Bar was pretty good.

Lumieres
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Lumieres » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Judge Judy

SEngland
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby SEngland » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Buckwild

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby drmguy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Boston Legal

User avatar
bsktbll28082
Posts: 602
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:25 am

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby bsktbll28082 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:48 am

Justice with Victor Garber and Kerr Smith. They're defense attorneys. What's cool is they show the audience what really happened and you get to see if the client was guilty or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_%282006_TV_series%29




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pkou19 and 4 guests