What is your favorite law themed television series?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Connor Benz
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 pm

What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Connor Benz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Since I am in my room watching re-runs of "The Good Wife," I cannot be more excited that the new season premiers next week. I started this page because I am interested to see what other shows people enjoy watching that is legal related - or not. My roommate is a big fan of "Scandal." I find the show to be boring, personally. What shows do my fellow law students enjoy?

User avatar
Dogg
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:44 am

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Dogg » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Connor Benz wrote:Since I am in my room watching re-runs of "The Good Wife," I cannot be more excited that the new season premiers next week. I started this page because I am interested to see what other shows people enjoy watching that is legal related - or not. My roommate is a big fan of "Scandal." I find the show to be boring, personally. What shows do my fellow law students enjoy?

breaking bad

Connor Benz
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Connor Benz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Hahaha. My brother likes that show.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby PRgradBYU » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:15 pm

Suits is purdy good.

User avatar
Magical Trevor
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:10 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Magical Trevor » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Boston Legal.

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2824
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby haus » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Matlock

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby nickb285 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Boston Legal, back when it was a witty show about attorneys and not "David E. Kelley's blog posts as read by James Spader." Seriously, I'm pretty liberal and all, but the level of preaching in that show reached critical levels in the fourth and last seasons.

User avatar
SuperCerealBrah
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby SuperCerealBrah » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Dogg wrote:
Connor Benz wrote:Since I am in my room watching re-runs of "The Good Wife," I cannot be more excited that the new season premiers next week. I started this page because I am interested to see what other shows people enjoy watching that is legal related - or not. My roommate is a big fan of "Scandal." I find the show to be boring, personally. What shows do my fellow law students enjoy?

breaking bad

Connor Benz
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Connor Benz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:55 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:Suits is purdy good.


suits is good...I'd like to be like Harvey as a attorney haha

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby kalvano » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:02 pm

Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, reruns of The Shield.

Connor Benz
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Connor Benz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:05 pm

kalvano wrote:Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, reruns of The Shield.


Never saw Game of Thrones. But you know what's real good? Dexter! He kills people.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby kalvano » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Dexter used to be good. Now it's terrible.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15466
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Matlock was money

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby laxbrah420 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Connor Benz wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:Suits is purdy good.


suits is good...I'd like to be like Harvey as a attorney haha

Haha

Connor Benz
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Connor Benz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:14 pm

Anybody seen Brooklyn 99 with Adam Samberg? I missed the premiere studying...I know...shocker!

User avatar
Magical Trevor
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:10 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Magical Trevor » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:16 pm

Brooklyn 99 is meh.

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby laxbrah420 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:17 pm

Connor Benz wrote:Anybody seen Brooklyn 99 with Adam Samberg? I missed the premiere studying...I know...shocker!

Haha I know what you mean. Studying :roll:
Haha

User avatar
941law
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 am

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby 941law » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:22 am

there are people that don't watch breaking bad?

Also, http://screenrant.com/breaking-bad-spin ... l-goodman/

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby sinfiery » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:25 am

skzen75 wrote:Boston Legal.

+1000

Allen Shore > Harvey any day of the week

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby ScottRiqui » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:36 am

Did anyone else watch "Century City"? It was set in a law firm in near-future L.A., and the cases dealt with the legal ramifications of advances in science and medicine - things like "should a professional baseball player still be allowed to play after receiving an artificial eye that bypasses his optic nerve, giving him a faster reaction time?" or "Can an aging member of a popular boy band be contractually-obligated to undergo rejuvenation treatments so he doesn't appear older than his bandmates?"

I won't say it was my favorite law show, but I do think it was canceled too early.


I did like "Shark", though. "Reality is subjective; pick one that works for you."

Connor Benz
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Connor Benz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:30 am

ScottRiqui wrote:Did anyone else watch "Century City"? It was set in a law firm in near-future L.A., and the cases dealt with the legal ramifications of advances in science and medicine - things like "should a professional baseball player still be allowed to play after receiving an artificial eye that bypasses his optic nerve, giving him a faster reaction time?"


Never seen this, but I'd like to answer this question. As a baseball fan, I'd say NO! This is creating an advantage that other players do not have. It isn't fair. It may seem wrong, but in my opinion it isn't right. This reminds me of the issue with blue-eyed/light-eyed baseball players. They say these players have trouble reflecting glare while playing. Don't know how true it is though.

http://www.realscience.us/2011/06/29/ba ... aby-blues/

criminaltheory
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby criminaltheory » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am

I thought the first few seasons of the Practice were fantastic.

NotMyRealName09
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:40 am

Cops

User avatar
Dogg
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:44 am

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby Dogg » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:54 am

NotMyRealName09 wrote:Cops

forgot about this gem
"

User avatar
thementor31337
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: What is your favorite law themed television series?

Postby thementor31337 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:20 pm

Law & Order obviously, especially the older seasons of the original and SVU. I wasn't really a big fan of Criminal Intent. I also liked Damages, but it was cancelled after 4 seasons I think, but you can find it on Netflix. I like the Good Wife too, but sometimes it's a little irritating to watch.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acr, Google Feedfetcher, grades??, Gunner19 and 2 guests