TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kay2016

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby kay2016 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:27 am

brotherdarkness wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
espressocream wrote:can I learn crim in a day?

Anything is possible with Zombocom

I don't know what that means and Google made me even more confused.

go to the website and turn up your volume on the computer.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:30 am

^

Welcome to zombocom.

You can do anything at zombocom.

Anything at all.

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:30 am

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Presidentjlh

Postby Presidentjlh » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:33 am

To think I consider myself an internet denizen and had not yet heard of Zombocom.

Well, on that, I'm out.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:40 am

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:41 am

I remember the last time I flew my lawn mower...

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:45 am

arklaw13

Postby arklaw13 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:44 am

found the answer: whiskey

woo

cynthia rose

Postby cynthia rose » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:51 am

The more I think about it the more I am pretty sure that I fubar'ed the RICO act all the way up. Seriously, screw RICO. There is nothing suave about that smug bastard.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:54 am

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:56 am

cynthia rose wrote:The more I think about it the more I am pretty sure that I fubar'ed the RICO act all the way up. Seriously, screw RICO. There is nothing suave about that smug bastard.

wtf is the RICO Act

chem!

Postby chem! » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:58 am

Momentarily freaked out upon awakening this morning thanks to the incompleteness of yesterday's civ pro exam. The funk is descending upon me and I need it to stop.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:59 am

chem! wrote:Momentarily freaked out upon awakening this morning thanks to the incompleteness of yesterday's civ pro exam. The funk is descending upon me and I need it to stop.

youll make it!

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:08 am

Exam PTSD is very real. I woke up pretty frequently having just dreamed about exams or remembering things I wish I'd done or thought I screwed up over winter break.

Only answer is scotch.

cynthia rose

Postby cynthia rose » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:32 am

TSL, the semi-transparency on that lawn mower image is a really nice touch. also, are you sure that scotch is the only answer? Vodka seems like an equally acceptable solution.
stillwater wrote:
cynthia rose wrote:The more I think about it the more I am pretty sure that I fubar'ed the RICO act all the way up. Seriously, screw RICO. There is nothing suave about that smug bastard.

wtf is the RICO Act

Assuming that was a serious q

http://itlaw.wikia.com/wiki/Racketeer_I ... RICO_claim

My crim prof is borderline obsessed with white collar crime (that's what she specialized in when she was a prosecutor and she's worked it into the majority of her past exams) so I knew that this, the False Claims Act, fraud, and/or corporate criminal liability would probably be on there in some form. I was surprised that a couple of classmates said they purposely did not even address it. There was a ton going on in this exam so I understand if someone chose to work on the issues in the order given and thus didn't get to whatever is at the end (and the white collar info was at the end of the fact pattern). But knowing what our prof likes, I just don't know why anyone would willingly choose to pass on the white collar stuff. I made sure to address it before anything else b/c I know that is playing to her interests. I think I screwed up the elements/explained them poorly though, if so I won't get full points for it and it sort of defeats the purpose of me making sure I addressed that first. Oh, well. c'est la vie.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:33 am

cynthia rose wrote:TSL, the semi-transparency on that lawn mower image is a really nice touch. also, are you sure that scotch is the only answer? Vodka seems like an equally acceptable solution.
stillwater wrote:

wtf is the RICO Act

My crim prof is borderline obsessed with white collar crime (that's what she specialized in when she was a prosecutor and she's worked it into the majority of her past exams) so I knew that this, the False Claims Act, fraud, and/or corporate criminal liability would probably be on there in some form. I was surprised that a couple of classmates said they purposely did not even address it. There was a ton going on in this exam so I understand if someone chose to work on the issues in the order given and thus didn't get to whatever is at the end (and the white collar info was at the end of the fact pattern). But knowing what our prof likes, I just don't know why anyone would willingly choose to pass on the white collar stuff. I made sure to address it before anything else b/c I know that is playing to her interests. I think I screwed up the elements/explained them poorly though, if so I won't get full points for it and it sort of defeats the purpose of me making sure I addressed that first. Oh, well. c'est la vie.

seems like a weird thing to test on in a 1L crim class.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:48 am

espressocream wrote:
kay2016 wrote:

Of course you can!

(..what type of test do you have? MC, Essay? Closed open? Do you need to know MPC/other code or are you given statutes to interpret?)

MC/essay. Open. I'm not sure, prof has been super vague. MPC is listed in syllabus and distinctions between common law and that are obviously going to be tested. But oh man. All I have is a random chart and checklist telling me what to look for.

I'm in the same boat. Only two days off before crim after what is probably going to be a bitch of property exam. My crim class also ended like a month before every other class so I don't remember shit. It's all MPC vs. CL, so I've probably got that same chart as you buuut I don't think it's enough.

espressocream

Postby espressocream » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:58 am

emarxnj wrote:
espressocream wrote:
kay2016 wrote:

Of course you can!

(..what type of test do you have? MC, Essay? Closed open? Do you need to know MPC/other code or are you given statutes to interpret?)

MC/essay. Open. I'm not sure, prof has been super vague. MPC is listed in syllabus and distinctions between common law and that are obviously going to be tested. But oh man. All I have is a random chart and checklist telling me what to look for.

I'm in the same boat. Only two days off before crim after what is probably going to be a bitch of property exam. My crim class also ended like a month before every other class so I don't remember shit. It's all MPC vs. CL, so I've probably got that same chart as you buuut I don't think it's enough.

Yeah I have no fucking clue what I'm doing today. Reviewing concepts?

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:58 pm

TSL, could I please have some comforting words before my first exam?

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:04 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:TSL, could I please have some comforting words before my first exam?

Hold up lemme think of some

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:04 pm

OK got it:

chem!

Postby chem! » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:13 pm

I laughed.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:27 pm

espressocream wrote:
emarxnj wrote:I'm in the same boat. Only two days off before crim after what is probably going to be a bitch of property exam. My crim class also ended like a month before every other class so I don't remember shit. It's all MPC vs. CL, so I've probably got that same chart as you buuut I don't think it's enough.

Yeah I have no fucking clue what I'm doing today. Reviewing concepts?

I got no time for crim right now. I have two days for it, and it's my last exam, so if I was dealing in the stock of "fucks given", I would be selling now.

cynthia rose

Postby cynthia rose » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:13 pm

stillwater wrote:
cynthia rose wrote:TSL, the semi-transparency on that lawn mower image is a really nice touch. also, are you sure that scotch is the only answer? Vodka seems like an equally acceptable solution.
stillwater wrote:

wtf is the RICO Act

seems like a weird thing to test on in a 1L crim class.

We only covered the white collar section the last week of class, and she only touched on the basic principles. So it wasn't like we talked about it the entire time, I just know that is her most favorite part of the class. But there was plenty more to discuss on the exam lol. The only part I found unnecessary was when she spent time on the qui tam relator rule (clause that gives a payout to corporate whistleblowers). I don't see how that's relevant to the criminal side of things.

kay2016

Postby kay2016 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:05 pm

In a depression from yesterday... worked a little last night and have done nothing today....
:cry:

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”