TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Swimp
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 9:32 am

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby Swimp » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:26 pm

stillwater wrote:
emarxnj wrote:
Merylian wrote:Actually felt pretty good about my final today. Only thing that scares me is that on only one of four essays did I come within spitting distance of the word limit. I felt like I said everything I needed to say though...


Jesus professors put word limits on exams? What a douche move.


actually can be nice.


Yeah, if nothing else, it helps keep the test from becoming a horserace. You can't

User avatar
Merylian
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby Merylian » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:30 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:
stillwater wrote:
emarxnj wrote:
Merylian wrote:Actually felt pretty good about my final today. Only thing that scares me is that on only one of four essays did I come within spitting distance of the word limit. I felt like I said everything I needed to say though...


Jesus professors put word limits on exams? What a douche move.


actually can be nice.


I've never had one but would hate that shit. I'm verbose as it is and, during exams, I go with the word-vomit strategy.


Lol, I'm hoping that they're absolute maximums for people who take that strategy, and not general recommendations on how many words it should take to address the topic.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby North » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:33 pm

Just finished K's. I feel good about it. But there are still three more exams, all of which I am less confident about than this one.

Feeling good tough. Chipotle then Civ Pro (which is next week on Thursday, but I don't know anything about it), then Crim tomorrow.

User avatar
brotherdarkness
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby brotherdarkness » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:34 pm

.
Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby North » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:36 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:
North wrote:Just finished K's. I feel good about it. But there are still three more exams, all of which I am less confident about than this one.

Feeling good tough. Chipotle then Civ Pro (which is next week on Thursday, but I don't know anything about it), then Crim tomorrow.


Congrats. Barbacoa or carnitas (anything else is the wrong answer)?

Dude, they cook the chicken there better than anywhere else. They char it perfectly. Barbacoa and carnitas are boring.

User avatar
brotherdarkness
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby brotherdarkness » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:41 pm

.
Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby kay2016 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Finishing an hour early is not a sign of epic failure, right?

Especially since we had a character limit....

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby Br3v » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:06 pm

kay2016 wrote:Finishing an hour early is not a sign of epic failure, right?

Especially since we had a character limit....


I would say no, but like, did you proof it?

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby thesealocust » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Chiming in to agree that chipotle chicken is TCR.

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby kay2016 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:11 pm

Br3v wrote:
kay2016 wrote:Finishing an hour early is not a sign of epic failure, right?

Especially since we had a character limit....


I would say no, but like, did you proof it?


hahaha yes. I went over all the MC before I started the essays and after I finished everything.. Then went back and double checked my essays.

Just felt like the questions I was unsure of weren't going to come to me in an extra hour and my essays were what they were.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby Br3v » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:12 pm

kay2016 wrote:
Br3v wrote:
kay2016 wrote:Finishing an hour early is not a sign of epic failure, right?

Especially since we had a character limit....


I would say no, but like, did you proof it?


hahaha yes. I went over all the MC before I started the essays and after I finished everything.. Then went back and double checked my essays.

Just felt like the questions I was unsure of weren't going to come to me in an extra hour and my essays were what they were.


Yeah, from a fellow 1L seems like there was nothing else you could have done except maybe second guess yourself on MC for an hour.

User avatar
brotherdarkness
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby brotherdarkness » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:16 pm

.
Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
espressocream
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:51 am

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby espressocream » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:38 pm

can I learn crim in a day?

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby Jsa725 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:40 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby kay2016 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:40 pm

espressocream wrote:can I learn crim in a day?



Of course you can!

(..what type of test do you have? MC, Essay? Closed open? Do you need to know MPC/other code or are you given statutes to interpret?)

User avatar
espressocream
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:51 am

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby espressocream » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:42 pm

kay2016 wrote:
espressocream wrote:can I learn crim in a day?



Of course you can!

(..what type of test do you have? MC, Essay? Closed open? Do you need to know MPC/other code or are you given statutes to interpret?)


MC/essay. Open. I'm not sure, prof has been super vague. MPC is listed in syllabus and distinctions between common law and that are obviously going to be tested. But oh man. All I have is a random chart and checklist telling me what to look for.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby Jsa725 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:43 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby stillwater » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:43 pm

espressocream wrote:
kay2016 wrote:
espressocream wrote:can I learn crim in a day?



Of course you can!

(..what type of test do you have? MC, Essay? Closed open? Do you need to know MPC/other code or are you given statutes to interpret?)


MC/essay. Open. I'm not sure, prof has been super vague. MPC is listed in syllabus and distinctions between common law and that are obviously going to be tested. But oh man. All I have is a random chart and checklist telling me what to look for.


PROTIP: a lot of crim law exams don't test on the crimes you actually learned about in the essay section. they give you a new crime(s) you haven't seen before. so i like to start with STATUTORY INTERPRETATION, then work thru actus reus and mens rea and then apply it while always roving for conspiracy, accomplice liability and all those other lurking issues.

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby kay2016 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:45 pm

stillwater wrote:PROTIP: a lot of crim law exams don't test on the crimes you actually learned about in the essay section. they give you a new crime(s) you haven't seen before. so i like to start with STATUTORY INTERPRETATION, then work thru actus reus and mens rea and then apply it while always roving for conspiracy, accomplice liability and all those other lurking issues.



TICR. This is exactly what my professor was looking for..

was not what I did, but.. This is what he wanted.

User avatar
espressocream
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:51 am

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby espressocream » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:46 pm

stillwater wrote:
espressocream wrote:
kay2016 wrote:
espressocream wrote:can I learn crim in a day?



Of course you can!

(..what type of test do you have? MC, Essay? Closed open? Do you need to know MPC/other code or are you given statutes to interpret?)


MC/essay. Open. I'm not sure, prof has been super vague. MPC is listed in syllabus and distinctions between common law and that are obviously going to be tested. But oh man. All I have is a random chart and checklist telling me what to look for.


PROTIP: a lot of crim law exams don't test on the crimes you actually learned about in the essay section. they give you a new crime(s) you haven't seen before. so i like to start with STATUTORY INTERPRETATION, then work thru actus reus and mens rea and then apply it while always roving for conspiracy, accomplice liability and all those other lurking issues.



ooooh. that makes sense. adding dat to checklist.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby thesealocust » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:18 am

espressocream wrote:can I learn crim in a day?


Anything is possible with Zombocom

User avatar
brotherdarkness
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby brotherdarkness » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:21 am

.
Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby stillwater » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:23 am

brotherdarkness wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
espressocream wrote:can I learn crim in a day?


Anything is possible with Zombocom


I don't know what that means and Google made me even more confused.


i was superconfused @ zombo.com

User avatar
brotherdarkness
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby brotherdarkness » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:24 am

.
Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby Jsa725 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:26 am

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, MSNbot Media and 3 guests