TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Easy-E

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby Easy-E » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:17 am

--ImageRemoved--

I will break you contracts.

bdm261

Postby bdm261 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:03 pm

So I left a three hour contracts exam an hour early, which contained 15 MC, and advised a combined 105 minutes for two essay questions (the first essay being a three-part question). The exam felt fairly easy, too easy, and now I'm flipping out seeing all the Facebook newsfeed from students who just got out of there. Now I have to spend Winter break wondering if I'm just a very fast typer and issue spotter or if I missed a large portion of the issues on the exam :(

I studied so hard for battle of the forms and there was only one MC question that barely touched on it. I keep going over it in my head if there was a BotF issue that I missed but I just can't picture it anywhere.

lawhopeful10

Postby lawhopeful10 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:12 pm

bdm261 wrote:So I left a three hour contracts exam an hour early, which contained 15 MC, and advised a combined 105 minutes for two essay questions (the first essay being a three-part question). The exam felt fairly easy, too easy, and now I'm flipping out seeing all the Facebook newsfeed from students who just got out of there. Now I have to spend Winter break wondering if I'm just a very fast typer and issue spotter or if I missed a large portion of the issues on the exam :(

I studied so hard for battle of the forms and there was only one MC question that barely touched on it. I keep going over it in my head if there was a BotF issue that I missed but I just can't picture it anywhere.

I have only taken two exams this far but both I finished really early, however then I would go back and find things I missed or add better arguments/policy make it easier to read or whatever. I also type really fast and spot the issues/think about them fast but after leaving both exams there was still arguments I thought of later or things I wanted to write more about and I was still typing up until the end on both. If there was really nothing else to say then there wasn't but I would just never leave an exam early because you can always improve yours somehow. As for worrying about it, I hate having to wait for grades and it sucks but you just need to try and go on to the next test and try to crush it.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:32 pm

bdm261 wrote:So I left a three hour contracts exam an hour early, which contained 15 MC, and advised a combined 105 minutes for two essay questions (the first essay being a three-part question). The exam felt fairly easy, too easy, and now I'm flipping out seeing all the Facebook newsfeed from students who just got out of there. Now I have to spend Winter break wondering if I'm just a very fast typer and issue spotter or if I missed a large portion of the issues on the exam :(

Ugh fuck contracts. I genuinely enjoyed working on torts and property compared to this stuff, this shit is just too intermingled for a closed book exam. I'm worried I'm stressing too much on UCC and the professor won't ask shit about it.

sublime

Postby sublime » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:56 pm

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:30 pm

Shhhh.

There there.

Presidentjlh

Postby Presidentjlh » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:48 pm

sublime wrote:I was calm until I just tried my first K's practice exam. I probably know more about that class than any of my others, but the level of difficulty is exponentially higher. :|

Also, all of his practice exams were like two hypos of about a page each. Our exam is supposed to be like 6-8 page hypo with four questions at the end, so I really don't know what to expect, especially when he can already pack this much complexity into 1 page.

3 questions, to be exact.

As to these old exams of his, they are 30 years old, so I can't help but feel his style may have changed a bit.

The thing I feel that will be best to do first is to simply break the hypo down into its parts, be that separate contracts or separate parts of a single contract.

Unfortunately, I wasn't present at the session where he went over the midterm exam after we took it (had to attend a meeting for some stuff), but what I've gathered is this: He likes good issue statements, he likes you to look at what courts can rule on that issue, with proper analysis from any possible angle, and he wants you to show such.

From there, my plan of attack is to find the issue(s) in those separate contracts or parts of a single contract, and then work from there with a sort of issue-tree style approach: This issue could go this or that way, and if it goes this way, a new issue is raised, and if it goes that way, a different new issue is raised, etc.

Is this for certain the way he wants it? Hell if I know. But I think that's what he's aiming for.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:59 pm

thesealocust wrote:Shhhh.

There there.

This thread may be growing too anxious for even TSL's powers of calming.

North

Postby North » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:08 pm

I am no longer calm. Feeling pretty fucking down. I just want to go home, and exams haven't even started yet.

sublime

Postby sublime » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:09 pm

kay2016

Postby kay2016 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:10 pm

North wrote:I am no longer calm. Feeling pretty fucking down. I just want to go home, and exams haven't even started yet.

I'm not calm.. One test down. But that no longer makes me feel better

Presidentjlh

Postby Presidentjlh » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:15 pm

sublime wrote:
sublime wrote:I was calm until I just tried my first K's practice exam. I probably know more about that class than any of my others, but the level of difficulty is exponentially higher. :|

Also, all of his practice exams were like two hypos of about a page each. Our exam is supposed to be like 6-8 page hypo with four questions at the end, so I really don't know what to expect, especially when he can already pack this much complexity into 1 page.

Update: went over some hypos with a few people, aside from one, they don't really know what they are doing either. That makes me feel better.

I do still have an overwhelming urge to get wasted though.

I don't think anyone knows exactly what we're supposed to do here, so, indeed, we can all take heart in each other's confusion, lol.

Alcohol does sound very, very good right now, but must hold off until Thursday.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:17 pm

you might as well get loaded.

Presidentjlh

Postby Presidentjlh » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:21 pm

I feel there are more things I can memorize or at least store in my sub-conscience.

sublime

Postby sublime » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:21 pm

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Presidentjlh wrote:I feel there are more things I can memorize or at least store in my sub-conscience.

i hope its your subconscious and not some submerged moral compass.

Presidentjlh

Postby Presidentjlh » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:28 pm

stillwater wrote:
Presidentjlh wrote:I feel there are more things I can memorize or at least store in my sub-conscience.

i hope its your subconscious and not some submerged moral compass.

Bah...yes, subconscious.

I have been quite error-prone today, perhaps a drink could be good.

espressocream

Postby espressocream » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:29 pm

brain still fried from civ pro exam yesterday. have done nothing today. exam on monday. :shock:

oh and another on wednesday.

samcro_op

Postby samcro_op » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:01 pm

sublime wrote:
stillwater wrote:you might as well get loaded.

Yea, I am probably going to have a few. For whatever reason, hanging out at a bar on occasion really does wonders for my sanity and stress level.

Also, at this point, it essentially is what it is.

Don't do what I did. 5$ for big decent beers and pulls off Captain in the bathroom have made me useless today.

sublime

Postby sublime » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:03 pm

samcro_op

Postby samcro_op » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:45 pm

sublime wrote:
samcro_op wrote:
sublime wrote:

Yea, I am probably going to have a few. For whatever reason, hanging out at a bar on occasion really does wonders for my sanity and stress level.

Also, at this point, it essentially is what it is.

Don't do what I did. 5$ for big decent beers and pulls off Captain in the bathroom have made me useless today.

Yea, I am pretty good with balancing it to where I am not fucked. I usually go to a nearby bar and get 1 bucket, and maybe another drink or so. Just enough to get me there without fucking up my day in the morning.

Yeah tomorrow I plan to do a bucket in a bar for my teams football game, I'll bring flashcards though.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:52 am

So I've gone to maybe 85% of my classes this year with varying degrees of attention paid (just not how I learn) and have been using 1 semester-1 year old outlines from the professors I have..

I felt solid about my first exam in 3 days but literally everything that the beginning of the third chapter of GTM says is extraordinarily essential (minus things related to PTs) I haven't really done that well.

Isn't this what 2L/3Ls do?

arklaw13

Postby arklaw13 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:46 pm

CIVIL PROCEDURE IS SHIT, PURE SHIT.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Stay in the fight.

Merylian

Postby Merylian » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:00 pm

arklaw13 wrote:CIVIL PROCEDURE IS SHIT, PURE SHIT.

Something something personal jurisdiction something something summary judgment.

I win at CivPro?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”