TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
brotherdarkness

Gold

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Post by brotherdarkness » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:08 am

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

espressocream

Bronze

Post by espressocream » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:16 am

stillwater wrote:
espressocream wrote:took my first exam yesterday (K), have another tomorrow. accepting that i will get B's now. feeling relaxed. will just take the damn test, show all i know, and then move on. nothing i can do now. :?
Hi espressocream. I'm stillwater, yes, i am still water, 80%+ in fact. you won't know how you did until you get your grade. everything is on a curve. and i can tell you, the curve works in mysterious ways. keep the faith, keep grinding and you could be pleasantly surprised when you are done.
I know people will say not to worry about how much time others have put in, but I really feel like I've done nothing compared to my peers. I've been relaxed through this whole process, read everything, went to every class (minus a few K classes towards the end), just quietly have been working all semester. I even inserted a few K jokes in my exam as well, because why not -- she likes puns and wordplay. My answer was very short. 3600 words for a 3.5 hour exam. I outlined for 20 minutes for each problem, so I hit a lot of things (or maybe all the wrong things), but I didn't write enough.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:19 am

espressocream wrote:
stillwater wrote:
espressocream wrote:took my first exam yesterday (K), have another tomorrow. accepting that i will get B's now. feeling relaxed. will just take the damn test, show all i know, and then move on. nothing i can do now. :?
Hi espressocream. I'm stillwater, yes, i am still water, 80%+ in fact. you won't know how you did until you get your grade. everything is on a curve. and i can tell you, the curve works in mysterious ways. keep the faith, keep grinding and you could be pleasantly surprised when you are done.
I know people will say not to worry about how much time others have put in, but I really feel like I've done nothing compared to my peers. I've been relaxed through this whole process, read everything, went to every class (minus a few K classes towards the end), just quietly have been working all semester. I even inserted a few K jokes in my exam as well, because why not -- she likes puns and wordplay. My answer was very short. 3600 words for a 3.5 hour exam. I outlined for 20 minutes for each problem, so I hit a lot of things (or maybe all the wrong things), but I didn't write enough.
at this juncture, you just need to move on to the next exam. stop thinking about Ks. while i truly believe you have no idea how you did until the grades come back, at this point further discussion of past exams is harmful. focus on tomorrow's. though of course if you learned anything procedurally about taking an exam that will make you more efficient, by all means apply it. however, don't think about the substance of the Ks exam. move on.

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:58 pm

K's outline should be done in two hours. On to property flash cards. Puff and Biggy "Victory" on loop.

Merylian

Silver

Post by Merylian » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:40 pm

I just took my first practice exam, felt pretty decent about it, and then read the model answer. So much analysis missed. Can I think about this like an LSAT diagnostic, or is this probably a sign of bad things to come?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:27 pm

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:31 pm

sublime wrote:Should I feel bad about being wastinged the rest of the day after an exam?
Do whatever you want. I'm waiting until it's over to relax.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Presidentjlh

Silver

Post by Presidentjlh » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:35 pm

I can't relax. Need to return to working on Contracts now. Already have wasted 2 hours.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:37 pm

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Presidentjlh

Silver

Post by Presidentjlh » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:40 pm

sublime wrote:Between prez and merkin, it would seem my next exam is filled with gunners :lol:

Best of luck to you guys.
Lol I'm just hoping I at least get median, haha.

Best of luck to you as well.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Finished my Ks outline. I thought I would feel a lot better right now, but the weight of the other 3 classes is crushing down on me.

Frothingslosh

Bronze

Post by Frothingslosh » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Just one bite at a time. That's the only way to get through it all. When does your exam grind start?

espressocream

Bronze

Post by espressocream » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:06 pm

wasted entire day. exam tomorrow. i dont even know who i am anymore. dont know how this happened.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kay2016

Silver

Post by kay2016 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:12 pm

espressocream wrote:wasted entire day. exam tomorrow. i dont even know who i am anymore. dont know how this happened.

you'll surprise yourself. you got this!

espressocream

Bronze

Post by espressocream » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:19 pm

kay2016 wrote:
espressocream wrote:wasted entire day. exam tomorrow. i dont even know who i am anymore. dont know how this happened.

i'm reading model answers and realizing i didn't hit half the stuff this student did. who are these people?!

arklaw13

Gold

Post by arklaw13 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm absolutely terrified of how bad my civpro exam is going to be. We had a review session and some of the questions people asked were premised on a total misunderstanding of the related concepts/rules, so that made me feel better. But then I didn't, I'm still woefully behind.

On the bright side, none of my doctrinal class grades can possibly be as bad as what I'll probably get for LRW.

kay2016

Silver

Post by kay2016 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:21 pm

espressocream wrote:
kay2016 wrote:

i'm reading model answers and realizing i didn't hit half the stuff this student did. who are these people?!

Model answers may not be student answers. What subject?

I know for Torts my professor said that most "As" only get about 50-60% of the possible points.. Yay curve!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

arklaw13

Gold

Post by arklaw13 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:22 pm

espressocream wrote:
kay2016 wrote:

A lot of time the model answers are ones that the prof wrote themselves. At least that's how my profs do it. One said that she took a lot more time than she gives on an exam and actually sits and edits her answer. She also goes over the world limit somewhat. She doesn't expect people to hit all the issues/analysis that she does.

espressocream

Bronze

Post by espressocream » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:22 pm

kay2016 wrote:
espressocream wrote:
kay2016 wrote:

Model answers may not be student answers. What subject?

I know for Torts my professor said that most "As" only get about 50-60% of the possible points.. Yay curve!
civ pro. definitely a student answer.

espressocream

Bronze

Post by espressocream » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:24 pm

i should have started with the practice problems way early like everyone else said to, but i was so fixated on outlining.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Bro Tip: If you're going through hell, keep going.

It's almost over.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”