TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
mtf612

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby mtf612 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:48 pm

Nebby wrote:
mtf612 wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
mtf612 wrote:
thesealocust wrote:Most schools have started by now. How's the gnawing sense of inadequacy treating everyone in 2017?

Just finished orientation and classes begin on Tuesday. Suffering from serious imposter syndrome. Everyone here seems to have worked for the UN, a v10 firm, or accomplished some other amazing feat. I appear to be the only one with crappy softs that attended a TTTT undergrad. Panicking about this semester in a big way right now.

You'll be fine! It's all just posturing. Plus, a lot of smart and talented people will burn themselves out doing all the wrong things. You're here, you're reading through guides about how to study smart and do well on exams, you're already much further ahead of the curve than you think.

shhhhh it'll be o.k. <3

What if I am still miserable? What if I am still struggling to complete my readings for a single class over the course of three hours? What if I still haven't started outlining? What if I am still feeling lonely and out of place? I'm not sure who or where to turn now. :(

Hit the gym

I appreciate this to some extent, as I have been only lifting two times a week lately, and I feel a bit better now that I just did a quick upper body work out. However, the endorphin rush will be short lived and I fear that I'll be back to feeling crushed first thing in the morning

thesealocust

Re: TheSeaLocust's 1L Anxiety Meditation Retreat & Spa

Postby thesealocust » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:01 pm

shhhh there there

It's a struggle and you just have to take it one day at a time. The gym will help. It's normal to be freaked out.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”