Adverse Possession Question

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
justgottabezen

Adverse Possession Question

Postby justgottabezen » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi, I have a question about adverse possession. If a person with color of title enters a 100 acre parcel of land which they have a the defective deed to, and this land is actually owned and partially possessed by someone else, Im under the impression that the person with color of title can only acquire that which he actually occupied. However If both parties live there under color of title with a defective deed to the same property, who gets what? I think they both only get what they actually possess, but then who gets the remainder?

Thanks

generaltoast

Re: Adverse Possession Question

Postby generaltoast » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:59 pm

1L here, so don't rely on this heavily. This was asked in my class, and from what I understood, the person who first obtained adverse possession of the land through color of title will get the remainder

justgottabezen

Re: Adverse Possession Question

Postby justgottabezen » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:58 pm

generaltoast wrote:1L here, so don't rely on this heavily. This was asked in my class, and from what I understood, the person who first obtained adverse possession of the land through color of title will get the remainder

lol Thanks :)

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”