outlinedepot.com ?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
gaucholaw

outlinedepot.com ?

Postby gaucholaw » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:38 pm

I just stumbled on this through a google search. Can anyone tell me if this site is legit?

piccolittle

Re: outlinedepot.com ?

Postby piccolittle » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Yes, it has helped me in the past - outlines.com is also pretty good.

UnderrateOverachieve

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:44 pm

It is legit. Take forever approving your outlines sometimes.

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:01 am

My method from 2L on was: Not buy text book, not go to class, download an outline off of outline depot the week/two days before, memorize, enjoy B+ or A-. Not kidding, it is the only reason I was able to graduate top 33%.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:46 am

Took an obscure class and had no access to prior outlines from any current students, so outline depot really saved me. But if it's a regular class like evidence or something, you could probably score an outline for free from someone.

Bronx Bum wrote:My method from 2L on was: Not buy text book, not go to class, download an outline off of outline depot the week/two days before, memorize, enjoy B+ or A-. Not kidding, it is the only reason I was able to graduate top 33%.

This is so true. It's also why I think law school is a joke.

Myself

Postby Myself » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Last edited by Myself on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gaucholaw

Postby gaucholaw » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:57 pm

On another note, since you guys somewhat opened this door with your anecdotes.... it really does seem like most of what is taught is untestable - I mean I've looked at test banks and even though I'm still only getting my toes wet, I can't help but feel like the crunchtime flow charts will better help me navigate through the intricacies of a test, than the bazillion hypotheticals that I've had to go through in my casebooks...... in this sense is law school that much different from college? Granted, I still like the Socratic Method for what it is, I mean it's intellectually stimulating and all, but I would better spend my time getting ready for the exams.

Tanicius

Postby Tanicius » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:02 pm

gaucholaw wrote:On another note, since you guys somewhat opened this door with your anecdotes.... it really does seem like most of what is taught is untestable - I mean I've looked at test banks and even though I'm still only getting my toes wet, I can't help but feel like the crunchtime flow charts will better help me navigate through the intricacies of a test, than the bazillion hypotheticals that I've had to go through in my casebooks...... in this sense is law school that much different from college? Granted, I still like the Socratic Method for what it is, I mean it's intellectually stimulating and all, but I would better spend my time getting ready for the exams.

Hypotheticals, and indeed the whole case analysis method, are possibly the dumbest way to teach most of the rules you learn in law school. All hypotheticals do, is pose a situation with a blurred line, so you question just how far a rule goes. They pose very specific facts that have no bearing on any other case, and force you to memorize a ton of extraneous information you will never use. I seriously hate the creators of the casebook. It's possibly the most sophistic, bullshittiest form of pedagogy I've encountered in my life.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”