Dealing with a crush in Law School

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Cooleytruthsayer
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby Cooleytruthsayer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:37 am

bizzybone1313 wrote:Ok OP, quit being lame. It is judgment day: Whose advice are you going to take? You cannot create a good thread and then disappear. It doesn't work that way. You are breaking one of the unstated, golden rules of TLS thread-making: To participate in the thread that you created.

probably too busy getting laid...............INSTEAD OF TALKING TO US ABOUT BS AT MIDNIGHT?
-THAT BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:roll:

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby bizzybone1313 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:41 am

At some point, I think every guy learns a golden rule of dating: You cannot hit on every pretty girl that you see. You have to pick and choose your battles. Since there are not that many girls in law school due to small class sizes, you can only do so much hitting on before some of these gals viciously and ruthlessly start talking shit about how you are always hitting on all of these different girls. With that being said, you should bike on over to the MBA business program and hit on every pretty girl that you see until you hit jackpot. These gals won't be in your part of the woods at the law school buildings, so you won't have to see them often. At my undergrad, the education and business school buildings had all of the female talent.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby kalvano » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:42 am

Any time I question whether getting married was a good call, I look at threads like this and any doubt is instantly gone.

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby bizzybone1313 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:46 am

Cooleytruthsayer wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:Ok OP, quit being lame. It is judgment day: Whose advice are you going to take? You cannot create a good thread and then disappear. It doesn't work that way. You are breaking one of the unstated, golden rules of TLS thread-making: To participate in the thread that you created.

probably too busy getting laid...............INSTEAD OF TALKING TO US ABOUT BS AT MIDNIGHT?
-THAT BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:roll:


This could certainly be the case. There is a very famous nationally known pick up artist that suggests doing something in order to increase one's chances of getting laid: To invite women out on dates during the week, because guys rarely ask out girls during this time. Most guys obviously ask out women more frequently for Fridays and Saturdays. He correctly reasons that women are more liable to be bored during the week and more eager to go out due to said boredom.

Cooleytruthsayer
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby Cooleytruthsayer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:37 am

kalvano wrote:Any time I question whether getting married was a good call, I look at threads like this and any doubt is instantly gone.

why fear the possibility of not getting laid, when you find comfort in KNOWING you won't get laid............I can see contentment in that.

User avatar
Totalimmortal
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby Totalimmortal » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:21 am

OP, it's simple.

1. Disregard females.
2. Acquire aesthetics.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby kalvano » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:28 am

Cooleytruthsayer wrote:
kalvano wrote:Any time I question whether getting married was a good call, I look at threads like this and any doubt is instantly gone.

why fear the possibility of not getting laid, when you find comfort in KNOWING you won't get laid............I can see contentment in that.


We have very different definitions of being married.

User avatar
KD35
Posts: 948
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 am

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby KD35 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:47 am

Totalimmortal wrote:OP, it's simple.

1. Disregard females.
2. Acquire aesthetics.


TCR. 180

Cooleytruthsayer
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby Cooleytruthsayer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:44 pm

kalvano wrote:
Cooleytruthsayer wrote:
kalvano wrote:Any time I question whether getting married was a good call, I look at threads like this and any doubt is instantly gone.

why fear the possibility of not getting laid, when you find comfort in KNOWING you won't get laid............I can see contentment in that.


We have very different definitions of being married.


how long you been married?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby kalvano » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:56 pm

7 years married, together for much longer.

User avatar
dowu
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby dowu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:35 pm

kalvano wrote:7 years married, together for much longer.

You're lying if you say that you're happy.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22835
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:18 pm

dowu wrote:
kalvano wrote:7 years married, together for much longer.

You're lying if you say that you're happy.

(not married)

User avatar
dowu
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby dowu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:20 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
dowu wrote:
kalvano wrote:7 years married, together for much longer.

You're lying if you say that you're happy.

(not married)

:lol:

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby kalvano » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:36 pm

dowu wrote:
kalvano wrote:7 years married, together for much longer.

You're lying if you say that you're happy.


And why is that?

User avatar
dowu
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby dowu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:41 pm

kalvano wrote:
dowu wrote:
kalvano wrote:7 years married, together for much longer.

You're lying if you say that you're happy.


And why is that?

Because probability says so...

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby kalvano » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:46 pm

I've been with my wife, total, for almost 15 years. Nothing's perfect, but I'll take married life over single life any time.

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby ScottRiqui » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:48 pm

kalvano wrote:I've been with my wife, total, for almost 15 years. Nothing's perfect, but I'll take married life over single life any time.


This. It's been 27 years since our first date, and I'm happier with my wife than I have any right to be. I would be completely dead in the water if anything happened to her and I ended up single again.

User avatar
dowu
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby dowu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:51 pm

:shock:
Last edited by dowu on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redfactor
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby Redfactor » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:03 pm

dowu wrote:You guys sound old. That's the difference.

Disclaimer, I have been in a relationship for 3 years. I'm about 70-80 percent happy.


Ha at them sounding old! They sound like adults - not kids.

The difference is that you sound like you should be single.

User avatar
dowu
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby dowu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:13 pm

:shock:
Last edited by dowu on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redfactor
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby Redfactor » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Awesome job proving my point.

Go ask your mom if she thinks she's old.

User avatar
dowu
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby dowu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:28 pm

Redfactor wrote:Awesome job proving my point.

Go ask your mom if she thinks she's old.

lol

And who the fuck are you again?

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby ScottRiqui » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:34 pm

dowu wrote:
Redfactor wrote:
dowu wrote:You guys sound old. That's the difference.

Disclaimer, I have been in a relationship for 3 years. I'm about 70-80 percent happy.


Ha at them sounding old! They sound like adults - not kids.

The difference is that you sound like you should be single.

No.

Okay, so they're old adults.

27 years since first date? That puts this person at least over 43. Just for reference, my mom is 43.


Yeah, that's about right. And I'll admit that in the context of this board, I'm old. I don't have a problem with that, because I don't view being old(er) as a character flaw; it's just a natural byproduct of not dying.

Likewise, I don't think there's anything wrong with your attitude toward marriage; I didn't feel the same way about it (or a lot of things) when I was half the age I am now. I think that's natural too.

ETA: I'm not saying that my current attitudes are somehow "better" or "more enlightened" than those that my younger self held; they're just different.

User avatar
dowu
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby dowu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:43 pm

:shock:
Last edited by dowu on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby ScottRiqui » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:59 pm

dowu wrote:Thank you for being reasonable. While I will agree my values and attitude will change as I get older, I was only talking about of matters of probability. Most people who are married are not happy in their relationships. They tend to stay in them because it can cause a whole shit storm if they broke it off. If 50 percent (or whatever) of married couples are getting divorces, you can easily assume some portion of the remaining couples are not happily together.


Valid concern, although you have to take the "50%" number with a grain of salt. For one, I think it includes people who have had several marriages/divorces, and are obviously "high risk" for one reason or another when it comes to relationships. Also, if you're not marrying young, poor and uneducated (possibly with an unplanned pregnancy in the mix), your odds get better fast. I think for college-educated people who get married after age 26 and have a job, the odds of your first marriage lasting 20+ years go up to something like 80%.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baller31, esrom55 and 11 guests