Dealing with a crush in Law School

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby manofjustice » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:53 am

goldeneye wrote:Send her a note. Since it is CivPro, send a complaint to her discussing your love for her. If she responds with a 12(b)(6) motion, sorry bud.


If she responds with a motion to dismiss for forum non conveniens, leave class and refile in her bedroom.

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby manofjustice » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:53 am

goldeneye wrote:Send her a note. Since it is CivPro, send a complaint to her discussing your love for her. If she responds with a 12(b)(6) motion, sorry bud.


If she moves to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction, establish immediate minimum contacts on her boobies.
Last edited by manofjustice on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby manofjustice » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:54 am

goldeneye wrote:Send her a note. Since it is CivPro, send a complaint to her discussing your love for her. If she responds with a 12(b)(6) motion, sorry bud.


If she proceeds to discovery, move for a physical exam and show good cause.

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby CO2016YEAH » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:13 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:
lmr wrote:...You'll be dealing w attractive women throughout your career...


Only if you plan on dropping out of law school.

Zing.

By the way, law school isn't quite as ugly as I was lead to believe.


Word. My school is definitely disproportionately hot.

User avatar
Nightrunner
Posts: 5345
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby Nightrunner » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:22 pm

MOJ with three straight civ pronuendos, while avoiding the obvious joinder?

Image

User avatar
I.P. Daly
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby I.P. Daly » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:11 pm


JDot
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby JDot » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:30 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:
lmr wrote:...You'll be dealing w attractive women throughout your career...


Only if you plan on dropping out of law school.

Zing.

By the way, law school isn't quite as ugly as I was lead to believe.


Agreed. There's actually a decent amount of good lookin chicks in my class, which I wasn't expecting at all.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3396
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:36 pm

paglababa wrote:
Icculus wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:Second: Are you 12?

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3396
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Ask her out you dumbass.

/thread

User avatar
fundamentallybroken
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby fundamentallybroken » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:30 pm

JDot wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:
lmr wrote:...You'll be dealing w attractive women throughout your career...


Only if you plan on dropping out of law school.

Zing.

By the way, law school isn't quite as ugly as I was lead to believe.


Agreed. There's actually a decent amount of good lookin chicks in my class, which I wasn't expecting at all.


You think this now, and I did too when I was a 1L. But trust me, lawl school goggles are very strong - by the time you reach 3L, you'll be amazed at the sheer number of ugs around.

(On a side note, maybe it's lawl school itself that kills the pretty in people, or the ability to perceive the pretty in people. Scientific studies are in order.)

NotMyRealName09
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:48 am

Miss class, return, ask for notes. Then fucking talk to her you pussy. Nut up, know you own this shit, and dive in with confidence. And don't act like you give a shit about her other than using her for her notes. Then say hi sometimes. Jesus christ what the fuck is this
Last edited by NotMyRealName09 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotMyRealName09
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:49 am

You think this now, and I did too when I was a 1L. But trust me, lawl school goggles are very strong - by the time you reach 3L, you'll be amazed at the sheer number of ugs around.

(On a side note, maybe it's lawl school itself that kills the pretty in people, or the ability to perceive the pretty in people. Scientific studies are in order.)


As a pretty girl (not in law school) once told me, "pretty girls ain't gotta do no book learnin'"

User avatar
finnandjake2
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:41 am

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby finnandjake2 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:51 am

Ha I went to a small UG so the number of cuties on campus blows my mind. OP if you are bring serious... Calm down, breathe, and say something to her.

User avatar
jas1503
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby jas1503 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:50 am

Don't talk to her, OP!

Those Sirens will love you up and turn you into a horny toad!

User avatar
KD35
Posts: 948
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 am

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby KD35 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:13 pm

NotMyRealName09 wrote:
You think this now, and I did too when I was a 1L. But trust me, lawl school goggles are very strong - by the time you reach 3L, you'll be amazed at the sheer number of ugs around.

(On a side note, maybe it's lawl school itself that kills the pretty in people, or the ability to perceive the pretty in people. Scientific studies are in order.)


As a pretty girl (not in law school) once told me, "pretty girls ain't gotta do no book learnin'"

TCR. They just get married to lawyers/finance people. Only pretty girls in law school are the ones with chips on their shoulder that think they have something to prove. And you don't want a pretty girl who thinks for herself, that's a dangerous game to play.

User avatar
dowu
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby dowu » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:22 pm

I guarantee OP made this thread in hopes that she would see it.

Now all the girls in civ pro who sit next to a dude will wonder...

Nice move, OP. Now be a man, and take her around the horn.
Last edited by dowu on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby PRgradBYU » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Super weird thread, OP.

Also, this:

ManoftheHour wrote:
paglababa wrote:
Icculus wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:Second: Are you 12?

User avatar
sopranorleone
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby sopranorleone » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:44 pm

TCR is to hit it and quit it.

User avatar
dr123
Posts: 3503
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby dr123 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:46 pm

zworykin wrote:TCR is a note, passed by a friend, containing the line "check yes or no."


Get with the times bro. TCR is to send a dick pic.

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby nickb285 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:57 pm

dr123 wrote:TCR is to send a dick pic.


Also a dangerous game.

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby bizzybone1313 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:42 pm

I disagree with these peeps OP. I think you should play it cool and actually wait to see if she even ever looks in your direction. A woman's body language and actions do not lie. If she doesn't even know you exist, you shouldn't hit on her. It will always be awkward after that. I would only hit on her if you think she is even remotely interested in you. I use to be real bad at reading women in undergrad because I was so young. But it gets much easier with observation, experience and practice.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby NoodleyOne » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:46 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:I disagree with these peeps OP. I think you should play it cool and actually wait to see if she even ever looks in your direction. A woman's body language and actions do not lie. If she doesn't even know you exist, you shouldn't hit on her. It will always be awkward after that. I would only hit on her if you think she is even remotely interested in you. I use to be real bad at reading women in undergrad because I was so young. But it gets much easier with observation, experience and practice.

User is a 0L, and therefore obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby bizzybone1313 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:14 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:I disagree with these peeps OP. I think you should play it cool and actually wait to see if she even ever looks in your direction. A woman's body language and actions do not lie. If she doesn't even know you exist, you shouldn't hit on her. It will always be awkward after that. I would only hit on her if you think she is even remotely interested in you. I use to be real bad at reading women in undergrad because I was so young. But it gets much easier with observation, experience and practice.

User is a 0L, and therefore obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.


That is standard TLS cliche. Is the advice wrong? Ok then, why don't you tell OP what he should do? Should he go hit on every girl he finds attractive? Attractive girls always have guys chasing them. Most of them have boyfriends, because guys are smart enough to get in relationships with them in the first place.

User avatar
dr123
Posts: 3503
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby dr123 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:15 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:I disagree with these peeps OP. I think you should play it cool and actually wait to see if she even ever looks in your direction. A woman's body language and actions do not lie. If she doesn't even know you exist, you shouldn't hit on her. It will always be awkward after that. I would only hit on her if you think she is even remotely interested in you. I use to be real bad at reading women in undergrad because I was so young. But it gets much easier with observation, experience and practice.

User is a 0L, and therefore obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.


Wat?

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby nickb285 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:39 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:I disagree with these peeps OP. I think you should play it cool and actually wait to see if she even ever looks in your direction. A woman's body language and actions do not lie. If she doesn't even know you exist, you shouldn't hit on her. It will always be awkward after that. I would only hit on her if you think she is even remotely interested in you. I use to be real bad at reading women in undergrad because I was so young. But it gets much easier with observation, experience and practice.


So, you should just awkwardly stare at pretty girls to see if they do something that can be interpreted as friendly body language?

Look, it's pretty damn simple--strike up a conversation, and if the conversation goes well, ask if she wants to get a drink. If she says no, or that she has a boyfriend, no harm done. I've never met a single woman who had a problem with someone asking her out, regardless of whether they were available or interested, with the exception of A) guys who were creepy douchebags about it, and B) beta-male "friends" who finally decided to ask them out after they already had a friendship that made it weird.

Bizzy, you're not wrong because you're a 0L. You're wrong because the things you're saying are dumb.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests