Dealing with a crush in Law School

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
manofjustice

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Postby manofjustice » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:53 am

goldeneye wrote:Send her a note. Since it is CivPro, send a complaint to her discussing your love for her. If she responds with a 12(b)(6) motion, sorry bud.

If she responds with a motion to dismiss for forum non conveniens, leave class and refile in her bedroom.

manofjustice

Postby manofjustice » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:53 am

goldeneye wrote:Send her a note. Since it is CivPro, send a complaint to her discussing your love for her. If she responds with a 12(b)(6) motion, sorry bud.

If she moves to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction, establish immediate minimum contacts on her boobies.
Last edited by manofjustice on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

manofjustice

Postby manofjustice » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:54 am

If she proceeds to discovery, move for a physical exam and show good cause.

CO2016YEAH

Postby CO2016YEAH » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:13 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:
lmr wrote:...You'll be dealing w attractive women throughout your career...

Only if you plan on dropping out of law school.

Zing.

By the way, law school isn't quite as ugly as I was lead to believe.

Word. My school is definitely disproportionately hot.

Nightrunner

Postby Nightrunner » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:22 pm

MOJ with three straight civ pronuendos, while avoiding the obvious joinder?

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:11 pm

JDot

Postby JDot » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:30 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:

Zing.

Agreed. There's actually a decent amount of good lookin chicks in my class, which I wasn't expecting at all.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:36 pm

paglababa wrote:
Icculus wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:Second: Are you 12?

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Ask her out you dumbass.

/thread

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:30 pm

JDot wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:

Zing.

Agreed. There's actually a decent amount of good lookin chicks in my class, which I wasn't expecting at all.

You think this now, and I did too when I was a 1L. But trust me, lawl school goggles are very strong - by the time you reach 3L, you'll be amazed at the sheer number of ugs around.

(On a side note, maybe it's lawl school itself that kills the pretty in people, or the ability to perceive the pretty in people. Scientific studies are in order.)

NotMyRealName09

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:48 am

Miss class, return, ask for notes. Then fucking talk to her you pussy. Nut up, know you own this shit, and dive in with confidence. And don't act like you give a shit about her other than using her for her notes. Then say hi sometimes. Jesus christ what the fuck is this
Last edited by NotMyRealName09 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotMyRealName09

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:49 am

You think this now, and I did too when I was a 1L. But trust me, lawl school goggles are very strong - by the time you reach 3L, you'll be amazed at the sheer number of ugs around.

(On a side note, maybe it's lawl school itself that kills the pretty in people, or the ability to perceive the pretty in people. Scientific studies are in order.)

As a pretty girl (not in law school) once told me, "pretty girls ain't gotta do no book learnin'"

finnandjake2

Postby finnandjake2 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:51 am

Ha I went to a small UG so the number of cuties on campus blows my mind. OP if you are bring serious... Calm down, breathe, and say something to her.

jas1503

Postby jas1503 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:50 am

Don't talk to her, OP!

Those Sirens will love you up and turn you into a horny toad!

KD35

Postby KD35 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:13 pm

NotMyRealName09 wrote:

As a pretty girl (not in law school) once told me, "pretty girls ain't gotta do no book learnin'"

TCR. They just get married to lawyers/finance people. Only pretty girls in law school are the ones with chips on their shoulder that think they have something to prove. And you don't want a pretty girl who thinks for herself, that's a dangerous game to play.

dowu

Postby dowu » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:22 pm

I guarantee OP made this thread in hopes that she would see it.

Now all the girls in civ pro who sit next to a dude will wonder...

Nice move, OP. Now be a man, and take her around the horn.
Last edited by dowu on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Super weird thread, OP.

Also, this:

ManoftheHour wrote:
paglababa wrote:
Icculus wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:Second: Are you 12?

sopranorleone

Postby sopranorleone » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:44 pm

TCR is to hit it and quit it.

dr123

Postby dr123 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:46 pm

zworykin wrote:TCR is a note, passed by a friend, containing the line "check yes or no."

Get with the times bro. TCR is to send a dick pic.

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:57 pm

dr123 wrote:TCR is to send a dick pic.

Also a dangerous game.

bizzybone1313

Postby bizzybone1313 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:42 pm

I disagree with these peeps OP. I think you should play it cool and actually wait to see if she even ever looks in your direction. A woman's body language and actions do not lie. If she doesn't even know you exist, you shouldn't hit on her. It will always be awkward after that. I would only hit on her if you think she is even remotely interested in you. I use to be real bad at reading women in undergrad because I was so young. But it gets much easier with observation, experience and practice.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:46 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:I disagree with these peeps OP. I think you should play it cool and actually wait to see if she even ever looks in your direction. A woman's body language and actions do not lie. If she doesn't even know you exist, you shouldn't hit on her. It will always be awkward after that. I would only hit on her if you think she is even remotely interested in you. I use to be real bad at reading women in undergrad because I was so young. But it gets much easier with observation, experience and practice.

User is a 0L, and therefore obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

bizzybone1313

Postby bizzybone1313 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:14 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:I disagree with these peeps OP. I think you should play it cool and actually wait to see if she even ever looks in your direction. A woman's body language and actions do not lie. If she doesn't even know you exist, you shouldn't hit on her. It will always be awkward after that. I would only hit on her if you think she is even remotely interested in you. I use to be real bad at reading women in undergrad because I was so young. But it gets much easier with observation, experience and practice.

That is standard TLS cliche. Is the advice wrong? Ok then, why don't you tell OP what he should do? Should he go hit on every girl he finds attractive? Attractive girls always have guys chasing them. Most of them have boyfriends, because guys are smart enough to get in relationships with them in the first place.

dr123

Postby dr123 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:15 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:

Wat?

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:39 pm

So, you should just awkwardly stare at pretty girls to see if they do something that can be interpreted as friendly body language?

Look, it's pretty damn simple--strike up a conversation, and if the conversation goes well, ask if she wants to get a drink. If she says no, or that she has a boyfriend, no harm done. I've never met a single woman who had a problem with someone asking her out, regardless of whether they were available or interested, with the exception of A) guys who were creepy douchebags about it, and B) beta-male "friends" who finally decided to ask them out after they already had a friendship that made it weird.

Bizzy, you're not wrong because you're a 0L. You're wrong because the things you're saying are dumb.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”