Dealing with a crush in Law School Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bizzybone1313

Silver

Re: Dealing with a crush in Law School

Post by bizzybone1313 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:14 pm

nickb285 wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:I disagree with these peeps OP. I think you should play it cool and actually wait to see if she even ever looks in your direction. A woman's body language and actions do not lie. If she doesn't even know you exist, you shouldn't hit on her. It will always be awkward after that. I would only hit on her if you think she is even remotely interested in you. I use to be real bad at reading women in undergrad because I was so young. But it gets much easier with observation, experience and practice.
So, you should just awkwardly stare at pretty girls to see if they do something that can be interpreted as friendly body language?

Look, it's pretty damn simple--strike up a conversation, and if the conversation goes well, ask if she wants to get a drink. If she says no, or that she has a boyfriend, no harm done. I've never met a single woman who had a problem with someone asking her out, regardless of whether they were available or interested, with the exception of A) guys who were creepy douchebags about it, and B) beta-male "friends" who finally decided to ask them out after they already had a friendship that made it weird.

Bizzy, you're not wrong because you're a 0L. You're wrong because the things you're saying are dumb.
I wouldn't awkwardly stare at pretty girls. I would go to mixers and other social events and just introduce myself as a classmate. When a woman is clearly interested in you, they will make it obvious.

Last night, I was at a bar and I ran into a girl I had already had "relations" with and she started getting in my personal space. She was being friendly and had her cha chas practically in my face. So, this girl proceeded to go eat at IHop's with her girl friend and me-- because I am not a chump-- did not go along to pay for their food. I waited for an hour in order to make sure that they finished eating and then I texted this girl and asked her if she wanted me to come over to her apartment. You can only guess how last night ended.

Basically, OP can approach this situation in a number of different ways. The best part is you don't have to hit on this girl at a bar or randomly in the frozen food aisle at Wal-Mart. You will constantly be running across this girl, so you do not have to be in a rush to hit on her. But whatever you do: Do not hit on her in front of her friends. A girl's less attractive friends will always cockblock you.

I have done pretty well in recent years with women. But it was through trial and error and trying different approaches. I cannot pick up women at bars for the life of me, but I can pick them up in public spots for whatever reason.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:21 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote: I wouldn't awkwardly stare at pretty girls. I would go to mixers and other social events and just introduce myself as a classmate. When a woman is clearly interested in you, they will make it obvious.

Last night, I was at a bar and I ran into a girl I had already had "relations" with and she started getting in my personal space. She was being friendly and had her cha chas practically in my face. So, this girl proceeded to go eat at IHop's with her girl friend and me-- because I am not a chump-- did not go along to pay for their food. I waited for an hour in order to make sure that they finished eating and then I texted this girl and asked her if she wanted me to come over to her apartment. You can only guess how last night ended.

Basically, OP can approach this situation in a number of different ways. The best part is you don't have to hit on this girl at a bar or randomly in the frozen food aisle at Wal-Mart. You will constantly be running across this girl, so you do not have to be in a rush to hit on her. But whatever you do: Do not hit on her in front of her friends. A girl's less attractive friends will always cockblock you.

I have done pretty well in recent years with women. But it was through trial and error and trying different approaches. I cannot pick up women at bars for the life of me, but I can pick them up in public spots for whatever reason.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

arklaw13

Gold

Post by arklaw13 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:55 am

TCR is to gun super hard in that class and impress her with your mad hypo-solving abilities.

sopranorleone

Bronze

Post by sopranorleone » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:00 am

Dylanlj13 wrote:TCR is to gun super hard in that class and impress her with your mad hypo-solving abilities.
And when you've finished giving your objectively impressive answer, say "that's how I roll" and stare directly into her eyes. Instant wetness will ensue.

KD35

Silver

Post by KD35 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:02 pm

sopranorleone wrote:
Dylanlj13 wrote:TCR is to gun super hard in that class and impress her with your mad hypo-solving abilities.
And when you've finished giving your objectively impressive answer, say "that's how I roll" and stare directly into her eyes. Instant wetness will ensue.
Panties will drop in the middle of class as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SEngland

Bronze

Post by SEngland » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:47 pm

3L here. TRUST me on this one. Do NOT DATE GIRLS IN YOUR LAW SCHOOL.

If you do - you get what you have coming to you.

KD35

Silver

Post by KD35 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:31 pm

SEngland wrote:3L here. TRUST me on this one. Do NOT DATE GIRLS IN YOUR LAW SCHOOL.

Which is...?
You've piqued my interest.

SEngland

Bronze

Post by SEngland » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:37 pm

KD35 wrote:
SEngland wrote:3L here. TRUST me on this one. Do NOT DATE GIRLS IN YOUR LAW SCHOOL.

Which is...?
Here is what you will ultimately get, maybe not all, but at least some of what is listed below:

1. She will latch on to you

2. You will be suffocated by seeing her EVERYDAY

3. You have to befriend her friends

4. Say goodbye to NFL Sunday and drinking with the boys because you have to participate in "wine night"

5. You have to sit beside each other if you have classes together

6. If she gets bad grades and you do well - GFL. If vice versa, GFL.

7. You get a job and she doesn't or vice versa. SEE ABOVE

8. You break up and its awkward AF.

9. All her friends now hate you after the break up.

10. After break up she tells anyone who will listen (see other female prospects) that you are a jerk. GL getting new prospects after that.

11. You actually liked her and she starts dating another guy and you can't handle seeing it on a regular basis.

and finally

12. You somehow make it to 3L year and you want to practice in NYC and she wants to move back home and practice in Texas?

Ya, good luck figuring that one out.

Edit: I feel like a lot of what I listed above occurs in any setting. However, my point in listing them is imagine them magnified 50x because of the small, bored, gossip hungry law school you are currently in.

dstars823

Bronze

Post by dstars823 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:43 pm

generally not shitting where you eat is probably a good idea

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:59 am

SEngland wrote:
KD35 wrote:

Which is...?
Here is what you will ultimately get, maybe not all, but at least some of what is listed below:

4. Say goodbye to NFL Sunday and drinking with the boys because you have to participate in "wine night"

10. After break up she tells anyone who will listen (see other female prospects) that you are a jerk. GL getting new prospects after that.

11. You actually liked her and she starts dating another guy and you can't handle seeing it on a regular basis.

and finally

12. You somehow make it to 3L year and you want to practice in NYC and she wants to move back home and practice in Texas?

Edit: I feel like a lot of what I listed above occurs in any setting. However, my point in listing them is imagine them magnified 50x because of the small, bored, gossip hungry law school you are currently in.

180. THIS.

KD35

Silver

Post by KD35 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:43 am

SEngland wrote:
KD35 wrote:

Which is...?

and finally

I approve, I have no interest in such bad decisions but wanted to see a fun list like this. Already have a couple in my section and another developing each day, now I have something fun to imagine in the future for them.

Holynorth

Bronze

Post by Holynorth » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:06 pm

OP, go walk around the UG campus and tell the freshman sorority girls that you're in law school. I'll be watching the news for a story about a flash flood at a university.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:12 pm

I regret posting in this thread.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mephistopheles

Gold

Post by mephistopheles » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:14 pm

wine night isn't terrible

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:16 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote: I wouldn't awkwardly stare at pretty girls. I would go to mixers and other social events and just introduce myself as a classmate. When a woman is clearly interested in you, they will make it obvious.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wegotabadass.jpg

Gold

Post by 04102014 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:47 pm

This thread is wonderful.

SEngland

Bronze

Post by SEngland » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:10 pm

Just for S&G I will also add that enjoyment of worrying what each is doing every summer.

Let's say you are the guy and get shitlaw for your 2L summer while your girlfriend gets BigLaw in NYC. Now imagine its June 23 and you are in your 4 man shop in the suburbs of Georgia while your gf is NYC hitting up happy hours and mingling with biglaw guys and ignoring your 50 texts.

That's right, imagine it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SEngland

Bronze

Post by SEngland » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:15 pm

Holynorth wrote:OP, go walk around the UG campus and tell the freshman sorority girls that you're in law school. I'll be watching the news for a story about a flash flood at a university.

Man speaks truth.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:46 pm

8-10 are very credited

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:10 pm

SEngland wrote:
Holynorth wrote:OP, go walk around the UG campus and tell the freshman sorority girls that you're in law school. I'll be watching the news for a story about a flash flood at a university.

Man speaks truth.
+1

Snag those freshmen before the freshmen fifteen kicks in.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:55 pm

How is this different from meeting a girl anywhere else? Since when did law school constitute a return to middle school socialization

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:28 pm

jbagelboy wrote:How is this different from meeting a girl anywhere else? Since when did law school constitute a return to middle school socialization
Agreed. I've been dating my boyfriend since we met at orientation (now 3L). We have matched our job cities up, and are planning the great move in. Law school relationships are similar to any other sort of relationship. I don't get why there has to be a huge blow up. Granted, we were not in the same section and, overall, I try not to take classes with him. This might make a difference. Truthfully, it's been kind of nice having someone who completely understands all the silly law school stuff that I've gone through.

I say talk to this girl first and figure out her personality. She could be a total bitch. You don't want to have someone get super attached and find that one out right before finals. Also, she's just a girl. Don't let her take over your attention in class. Do your job. If it works, great. If not, there are hundreds just like her.

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:08 am

this thread:
--ImageRemoved--

Cooleytruthsayer

New

Post by Cooleytruthsayer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:21 am

Connor Benz wrote:Every one knows 1L life is crazy and the last thing you want to be is distracted. However, I have developed a crush on a girl that sits next me in my Civil Procedure class. I need to focus and it does not help that she is in my section. So in other classes, I sometimes find myself staring at her :shock: The unfortunate thing is she really does not talk to me because she probably thinks I'm an idiot. Has anyone else dealt with a crush in law school? I don't know if I have the time and energy to try to get her to like me haha.
Can't speak for other schools, but where I went it was a breeding pit.
Lots even got married (of course at cooley most go 4 to 5 years too)
Lots also just liked having someone to (censored) who had the same schedule
One buddy of mine was by no means anything shy of a man whore. He would always have outlines to EVERYTHING and go "my lady friend" gave it to me. It didn't take long to realize that the lady friend tended to be about 20 different girls (some hot, some not, but he got those outlines!)

bizzybone1313

Silver

Post by bizzybone1313 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:33 am

Ok OP, quit being lame. It is judgment day: Whose advice are you going to take? You cannot create a good thread and then disappear. It doesn't work that way. You are breaking one of the unstated, golden rules of TLS thread-making: To participate in the thread that you created.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”